Chapter 6 ~ Agony in Your Heart

I was standing in front of a peaceful lake.
Suddenly your apparition appears on another side.
I smiled at you and you smiling back at me.
But your smile suddenly fades away.

I stared at you carefully, your eyes.
Telling me the hatred that causes agony in your heart
I wonder why? But suddenly I realized
You choose that path, a path that leads you.

To be confused and full of doubt
Doubts that lead to break the ties
Ties of our infinite camaraderie
Your own isolation tormented you.

That brings you to a cloudy and dark sky.
How sad to hears the agony in your heart
I sighed and talk to myself silently.
The choice is yours, and I can't help with it.

~Charlene Moralesbalintona

Akshara had been distressed since the day Bade Papa (Manish) called her and unexpectedly asked her to come home for the midterm holidays.

Bade Papa and Mimi (her great-grandmother) emotionally blackmailed her to come back home as, in unexpected turns of events, her sister, Intern Dr. Arohi Goenka, was getting engaged.

Everyone was delighted and over the moon as the granddaughter they were most proud of was soon planning to tie the knot with the renowned young cardiologist, Dr. Abhimanyu Biral.

She finally found the missing piece, and after some internal discussion, Manish convinced her to let Akshara come back and live with them again. Akshara was no longer her focus of attention, so Arohi didn't care anymore and let it go after years of hatred.

Akshara was quite happy for her, but she couldn't dismiss the anxiety she was feeling. She just wanted to go back. Days were moving at snails' speed. The more she wanted the time to pass, the more it didn't.

She was in Udaipur, the city she loved most, but wasn't at peace. She came home after 2.5 years and realized it wasn't the home it used to be. Arohi and Swarna (her grandmother) have changed the entire décor of the home.

The home that reminds her of her parents was giving her strange vibes. She wanted to go to her Bade Nanus' home, but she had been waiting for Arohis' engagement. Thinking about the past week, Aksharas' eyes fell on the clock.

"Again!! Oh God raat kay 12 baj rahy hain!! Akhir mojhy nend kun nhe atti!! Mana ky Aru or Badi Maa (Swarna) ny ghar ka décor badal dia hai but ghar tu wahii hai na...

Ye mery mumma papa ka ghar hai!! Yahn unki Khusbu bastii hai but ab achank sy sub badla badla kun lag rha hai..

Shyed 2.5 saal bad aii hun islea... ya phr mojhy ab Shimla ki adat ho gai hai... But Shimla ki sardi tu mojhy abhi bhi nhe pasand! Phr whan mojhy sakoon kaisy mill jata hai..."

Akshara was busy talking to herself when her phone blinked, and a message popped up.

"Good night Akshara, Man ko shaant rakhyie aur ye kabhi mut bholyie ke apky Mumma Papa har pal ap kay pass hain aur apko deakh rahen hain"

Reading Abhinav's message, Akshara suddenly felt at peace and closed her eyes with a serene smile. The guy knew her better than she thought. He is right; her parents were there with her, close to her heart, and will always stay there.

------------

Arohi was the real princess of Goenka Mansion. Being the youngest, she was Mimi's favourite great-granddaughter. The entire family has always put Arohi first. Arohi did not allow anyone at home to say no to her.