Chapter 8~ An Unread Love Letter

I know when I'm wrong for you,
And I write a song for you,
Although my feelings are strong for you,

I know when I am right for you,
And I write a delight for you,
Although my day turns night for you,

I know when I am just for you,
And I write an august for you,
Although I hide my lust for you,

My envelope, as if unread, is back to me,
It comes back with an aural crack to me,
My heart advises me to see the pink shade,
It looks like your lips are on the words' arcade.

Akhtar Jawad

Akshara went to Udaipur only for 3 days, and Abhinav felt all drained, and his days passed slower than snails. His joy was profound when she unexpectedly chose to return.

Things slowly went back to normal, and the mid-break finished. They again refocused on their studies, forgetting everything else.

However, the time bomb has started ticking around Abhinav these days. Their last semester is coming to an end, and he has started becoming restless with each passing day.

Somewhere, he always knew that Akshara would go back to Udaipur one day, but he intentionally decided to ignore the obvious fact.

However, few days ago, when Akshara went to Udaipur, he felt a sudden urge to stop her but decided against his will.

"Akshara ko jana ho ga pagal sharma. Unki behn ki sagai hai. Main b na... Wo khuch din mean wapis a jaen gi..."

"Or agr wo na ayen...!" His heart pointed the obvious fair.

"Nhe! unhy wapis ana hai. Abhi tu unka semester rehta hai." He got a shiver at the thought of not seeing her, and this shook his entire persona.

"Mgr ak na ak din tu unhy wapis jana ho ga na.. Abhinav!". His inner voice alarmed him again.

"Nhe.. Nhe.. Mojhy Abhi is bary mean nhe sochna. Bus... unki behn ka important din hai or main unhy khush deakhna chahta hun. Main unhy khud airport drop kr k aoo ga bus ho gay decide".

But the problem started after that. After sending Akshara, he found it difficult to concentrate on anything else. The atmosphere in Shimla seemed to become denser all of a sudden.

He mismatched the engines of two cars for the first time in his life. He refused to take a break even when his supervisor requested him to do so.

He wanted to shift his attention. He desired to talk to her, but he restrained himself from doing so. He attempted self-restraint until the third day, when Akshara called him herself.

When he listened to her teary, unsettled voice, all his self-control vanished in seconds. He felt a sudden urge to quickly go to Udaipur and fetch her back.

He was aware of her strained relationship with her family, but what surprised him was his own response to her unexpected outburst.

Abhinav lived a simple life with no family drama. He only had Neel Amma (his guardian angel from Kasauli) in the name of family, who was more like a grandmother to Abhinav.

Neel Amma helped him in his hard times when he was thrown out of an orphanage, and he lived with her as a paying guest as she was an old widow who also needed constant care. Both became each other's sworn family.