Chapter 14~ Threads of Fate Part 1

What cruelty of fate
the sisters twist
their threads upon my supple wrist

that I could be so finely kissed
then pushed away from his midst

and to have to play this tale
A new again each day -no fail

Get up, get ready, to see you thus
so many things we must discuss
I cannot escape in any way
from the body of this play

No sense of control have i in this
from the moment - ev'n before your first kiss
I cannot deny, you cannot accept
this twisted tail such as I have wept
oh I have wept!

Oh cruel fate, don't tease me so
let love be true or let me go!

C.S. Keskuela

~~~~~~~~

After the incident with Abhimanyu Birla, Akshara couldn't concentrate on her studies properly. The thought of Aarohi marrying such a man was painful to her sisterly heart, but the thing that made her more sacred was the fear of losing Abhinav.

She couldn't even think of another guy, not to mention marry! She had already planned to confess her feelings to Abhinav. She was thinking ways to open her heart and let fate decide her destiny.

Everything was set, but before she could execute her plans, she got a call from home, which left her astonished. Sawarna (her badi Maa) out of the blue wanted to visit her in Shimila!

Akshara couldn't understand why, but when she heard about a certain Mannat of Sawarna and wanted to visit a famous temple in Shimla, Akshara couldn't argue at all.

Akahsra herself was a religious person, respected the beliefs of Sawarna, and asked her to come any day. As a result, Sawarna arrived in Shimla last night and was staying with Akshara in her apartment.

"Badi Maa kaisi ghuzri ap ki raat? Ap k lea nashta bnaoo ya pehly chayie piyen gi ap.." Akshara asked as she saw Sawarna coming out of her room next morning.

"Thanx beta! All good. I will have a cup of tea first." Sawarna replied with a sweet smile.

"G." Akshara started making tea in the open kitchen and dining area while Sawarna sat on the sofa.

"Akshara beta wo kal raat jo airport py tumhary sath larka tha wo kon hai?" Sawarna asked, keeping her tone casual.

"G wo Abhinav Sharma hain! My friend.. !" Akshara replied, avoiding the topic, as she knew how Goenkas' may react towards Abhianv considering his background.

"Beta, you are a Goenka; you should be friends with people from your social circle. That guy was looking quite cheap, and his way of talking was quite lower middle-class!

You should learn from Aaru how to make friends! All her friends are from upper class! Don't mind, Beta, I'm just worried that these cheap people may use you for money! I know such people and their mentalities well," Sawarna said, faking a concerned tone.

"Thank you for your advice. Badi Maa.. Main Axhy aur bury ka Antr khoob Samjhti hon!"Akshara replied in a non-entertaining tone

("Hunh' Nairas' bloody blood" Sawarna thought)