CHAPTER TEN: Kirby?

"Kirby?" Sam called out as they noticed the blonde talking to detective Bailey. "Hey, Sam." She walked over to the latina and hugged her. "Tara. Max."

"You're the FBI?" Kirby nodded. "You guys know each other?" Bailey asked. "Yeah. We went to Woodsboro high together. She was a senior when I was a freshman."

"We share a certain history." Kirby nodded. "Thank you. He left this mask at the Bodega." He looked at it. "DNA of two individuals. Charlie Walker and Jill Roberts. Both deceased."

"Ghostface killers of 2011. Charlie Walker gave me this." She showed them her scar. "Like I said I take a special interest. Is this the mask he was wearing, when he attacked you?" They shook their heads. "No."

"So, he's leaving them on purpose." Detective Bailey stated. "Which means whoever's doing this is a student of those, who came before. Maybe he believs Sam's the latest in the long line."

"Yeah. Good luck with that. We're getting out of town." Sam stated and the three tried to walk away. "I'm sorry, but that's not possible. You're all persons of interest in double homicide, so you're not allowed to leave town."

"Are you serious?" Max scoffed. "He's right. But if we work together-" She was cut off by Sam. "We're going."

They walked out of the police station and so many reporters tried to interview them. They tried to push through them, but they still heard the questions.

"Samantha, do you have an alibi for last night?"

"Tara, do you and your girlfriend feel safe around your sister?"

"Maxine, have you forgiven your sister?"

Max's grip on Tara's hand became tighter, when she heard someone mention Amber. The reporters kept shouting their names, until one specific reporter caught their attention.

"Gale Weathers, channel four. Do you ladies think you're the reason why the Ghostface killer has come for the big apple?" Sam scoffed and tried to punch Gale, but she dodged. 

"Nice try, sweetie. But I've done this dance before." She said and this time it was Max, who punched her. Gale held her cheek in her hand as she looked at the blonde in disbelief. "Stay the fuck away from us."

"Are you really still mad at me?" She followed the three girls, who tried to get in the car. "You said you wouldn't write a book about what happened. And then you wrote a book about what happened."

"Oh, come on. Somebody was gonna write about it, that's what I do." She rolled her eyes. "After everything we went through together. What would Dewey think?" Sam asked. "Now that's a low blow."

"So was your book. You called me unstable? And a born killer." Sam scoffed. "That's taken out of context." Gale tried to defend herself. "That's litteraly a quote." Max scoffed. "You don't think what you wrote has something to do with what's happening to us?"

"Come on." They walked to the car. "Hey. I talked to Sidney." Max turned around. "She's not coming, is she?" She asked. "No. She sends her love, but she's taking Mark and the kids somewhere safe. She deserves to have her happy ending."

"On that much we can agree." Sam nodded and got in the car. "Hey, I wanna catch this fucker as much as you do!" She shouted at them.  "Maybe. Or you're just too scared that without a Ghostface in your life, you'll fade away."