CHAPTER ONE: the attack.

Maxine Freeman sat on the counter of her girlfriend's kitchen. Tara's landline suddenly started ringing, which made the latina sigh. She walked over to it and declined the call.

"Who was it?" Max asked. "I don't know. Probably some scam call." Max nodded and smiled as her girlfriend walked over to her. She embraced her and held her, until the landline started ringing again.

"You gotta be kidding me." Max sighed and Tara picked up. "Hello? No, she's not available. May I take a message?" 

Tara picked up a stool and walked away, Max following her. "From her shit?" She chuckled and Max cringed. Who is she talking with?

"Oh, she goes to your group? And I will do exactly that, Charlie, once you tell me what kind of group you're talking about. Is it AA, NA."

"I think it's my mom's new boyfriend." Tara mouthed and Max frowned. "Seriously?" Tara nodded. "She talks about me in group?"

"What does she say about me? Ooh, what does she love about me? Okay, but lots of people love movies. She is?" Tara kept asking a bunch of stupid questions. "Uh, The Babadook. It's an amazing meditation about motherhood and grief."

Max placed her hands around Tara's waist as the latina mixed the ramen she was making for them. "Well, it's elevated horror. You know, it's like scary but with complex emotional and thematic underpaint."

"Once, I think? On a sleepover when I was like twelve. I don't know. I mean, it was like super 90's." Max was getting weirded out, by her answers. The conversation was long and strange.

"It was like weirdly over lit and everyone had weird hair. Not really. They started with a kill scene, right? They always start with a kill scene." Tara than suddenly hung up. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. He asked me to play a game and he knew my name. He fucking knew my name." Tara stressed. "Well, if he's your mom's boyfriend, he'll know your name. Right?"

Tara peeked out of the window, but no one was outside. She locked the doors, but the landline started ringing again. This time it was Max, who answered. "Listen, fuckhead. Stop fucking with us."

"No! You listen. Let's play a game or your sister, Amber dies. Stab movie trivia, three rounds. You or your little girlfriend call the cops? She dies. You get a question wrong? She dies. Your parents aren't home, I could be in her room in fifteen seconds. Now, give the phone to Tara, she gets the warm up question."

Max hesitantly moved the phone from her ear to Tara as a tear slipped out of her eye. "It's Sidney Prescott! It's Sidney Prescott and she lived on Elm." Tara shouted and Max let out a breath.

Tara gave Max the phone with a sad look. "Who wrote the original book, that the Stab movies are based on?" They asked and Max sighed. She knew that one. "Gale Weathers. It's Gale Weathers, you fuck!"

"Correct. Amber might live to see the sunrise. Tara's turn." Max passed the phone to Tara with a heavy heart as the blonde sniffled, more tears leaving her eyes. "Fuck you."

"Heather Graham!" Tara shouted after a bit of searching. Max received the phone and cried as she placed it againts her ear. "Who was the killer in Stab 1?"

"Killer in first Stab." Max mouthed to Tara, desperately trying to find the correct answer to save her sister. Tara's face lit up in realization. "Billy Loomis, Sidney's boyfriend." She whispered. 

"Billy Loomis! It was Billy Loomis and he was Sidney's boyfriend and we got you, mother fucker. We fucking got you!" Max chuckled, but her smile soon faded, when Ghostface started talking again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Maxine. But that's just not correct." She stopped. "What?" She sobbed. "No. It's right. I know it's right." Tara's smile faded too, when she saw her girlfriend in such a desperate state.

"The correct answer is Billy Loomis and Stu Macher. There are two killers in the original Stab. I'm afraid someone's gonna die now." Max quickly threw the phone on the counter and took her girlfriend's hand in her own as she ran to the door. "Fuck!"

Max opened the door and Tara was about to run out, but she stopped when she saw a masked figure with  hunting knife. The two screamed and Ghostface sliced Tara's waist.

Max punched him in the face as the two tried to close the door, which was succesful. "The police are on their way, asshole!" Max gripped a knife in her hand as the two looked at Tara's waist.

"All systems disarmed." The banging on the door stopped and Tara kept locking the doors as someone kept unlocking them.

The landline started ringing again, which made them scream out of shock. Max picked up, not wanting to put her girlfriend through more trauma. "Fuck you, asshole. Fuck you." Max cried.

"Bonus question, Max. Do you think I made it inside the house before she could rearm?" Before any of them could say anything, Ghostface grabbed Tara from behind, making them both scream. 

He stabbed her in the stomach, but Tara punched him. Max grabbed her hand and tried to run away with her. But Ghostfaced didn't think so. He grabbed her blonde hair, stabbed her in the back and threw her againts the floor, making Tara trip as well.

Tara kicked him, but that made him even more angry as he stomped on her leg, breaking it. Max tried to get up, but he sliced her hand, making her fall back to the ground.

The blonde looked up, when she heard her girlfriend's scream and saw the knife in her hand, making her scream as well.

Max kicked him and he fell. The two tried to crawl away as the sound of sirens filled they ears. But Ghostface pulled them back and stabbed Tara in the back and Max in the stomach. "No!"

And that's the exact moment when Tara Carpenter and Maxine Freeman became the first two people to survive an opening scene.