CHAPTER TWO: hey.

The two girls layed in their beds, talking with their friends, still trying to move on from yesterday's events. Wes sat on Max's bed and the blonde held her sister's hand.

She didn't want to ever let go after Ghostface threatened to kill her, but she had to when Amber stood up as Sam and a stranger walked in. "How're you feeling?"

"You came." Tara smiled. "Of course I came. This is my boyfriend, Richie." She pointed at the man. "It's so nice to meet you and I'm so sorry, if I'm intruding." Tara waved at him. "Nice to meet you too."

Max tapped on Wes' shoulder and he looked at her. "I don't like him. He's weird." She whispered in his ear and he nodded, agreeing. Sam walked over to the twins and hugged them. She hugged Wes and walked over to Max.

"Oh god, Max. Are you okay?" She asked and the blonde nodded with a small smile. "They gave me a lot of drugs, so yeah. I'm feeling pretty good." The two laughed. 

"These are Chad and Mindy, the twins. Wes and Max. I used to babysit them all. And Amber, hey." She walked back to her boyfriend. "Hi." She gave her a little smile. "Uh, hey. I'm Richie."

"Where's mom?" Sam asked her sister. "She's stuck at a conference in London. She called me earlier." Tara said. "Yeah, for whole ten minutes."

Before anyone could say anything else, a doctor came into the room. "Hello, Ms. Freeman. How are you doing?" He ignored all the other people. "Good." She nodded. 

"I'm glad to hear that. We'll be moving you to a different room." Max furrowed her brows. "Wait, what? Why?" The doctor sighed. "Because you need different medical attention than Ms. Carpenter. I hope you understand."

"Yeah, fine." She sighed.

They finally moved her and she watched the tv until Wes walked in the room. "Hey, we're going to the bar, but Amber said she'll come back later." Max nodded.

"Thanks." He smiled. "Of course. You sure you're okay?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah. I have to." She looked down. "You know that just because you think Tara has it worse, it doesn't mean that you can't be not okay?"

She looked up at him and tears were forming in her eyes again. "But she does. I might go home in 2 days. She doesn't." He sighed. "Look, I'm not gonna judge who has it worse, but you both went through some fucked up shit. It's okay to not be okay."

A tear slipped out of her eye and he walked over to her bed, where she sat, leaning againts her pillows. "You still sure you're okay?" She sniffled. "No." She sobbed. "I was so so scared. I thought we were gonna die."

"I know. But it's gonna be okay." He embraced her and placed a kiss on top of her head as she cried into his arms. 

Some might say, that Wes just had a crush on the blonde. A lot of people thought so, but the truth was, they were just friends.

They always have been and even though her sister never really liked the boy, she loved him. They were like platonic soulmates, they just get each other. 

Wes was the first one Max came out to and Max was the first one, who knew about Wes' crushes. When his mom was getting a divorce with his dad, it was Max, who comforted him and assured him it wasn't his fault.