CHAPTER FIFTEEN: deluded hands.

"God, when was the last time they used this place?" Max wondered. "Yeah, it's like hundred years old." Max looked at the chocolate. "You want some?"

"That's gotta be so old." She giggled. "Yeah, we'd be probably so sick after that." Max giggled with her girlfriend, just enjoying their moment together.

They slowly leaned in and after a few seconds, Tara pulled Max in, unable to wait any longer. Their kiss was sweet, passionate, loving, until Tara's scream made them pull away. 

Max watched in horror as Ghostface pulled a knife out of Tara's back. The latina fell to the floor and Ghostface tried to attack Max, but she dodged. 

She punched Ghostface in the face and immediately regreted it, when she felt the pain in her knuckles. "Tara! Let's go!" Before Ghostface could do anything, they tried to run away, but they both screamed when they bumped into Sam and Chad.

"It's Kirby. She's the killer." Sam announced. "No shit!" Max shouted.  "She made this whole theater a kill box. For us." They kept looking around for some exit, until Tara pointed at something. "Hey, what about that? There's an exit door."

But before they could get there, Ghostface jumped in front of them, making them stop. Chad punched him with a camera, while the girls ran away as fast as possible. Ghostface followed them and Chad threw a camera at him again.

They got to the counter and Chad punched him in the face. Tara kicked him and Chad was about to punch him in the head with a popcorn machine, but another Ghostface stabbed him.

"No!" The two Ghostfaces kept stabbing him and both Tara and Max for him. "Run." He told them and they did so.

They got back to the shrine, but Ghostfaces blocked their way. Sam picked up a brick and handed the two some too. "Sam." Tara cried. "Ready? I need you to be ready. Ready? Look at me."

The two girls looked at her and nodded. "Come on, motherfucker!" Tara shouted, but before they could do anything, Kirby shot them. "It's okay!"

"Stay the fuck back!" Sam shouted. "We know it's you, Kirby." Tara announced. "One of them knocked me out."

"Kirby, stop!" Bailey yelled at her. "Get away from the girls!" He told her. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Did you kill Quinn? Did you kill my daughter?"

"Jesus Christ! Whatever he's been saying to you, don't listen to him. He's probably the killer." Max's eyes kept going from Bailey to Kirby. "Behind you!" Kirby yelled as Ghostface was getting ready to stab him, but Bailey shot at Kirby.

"Great job. Both of you." He praised the two. "You?" Max scoffed. "Of course me. Frankly, I expected more from the three of you after what you did to us." He said. "What do you mean us?"

One Ghostface slowly took his mask off. Ethan. "Mindy was right. It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was to room with a conceited, condescending alpha litteraly named Chad! Fuck! It felt good to kill him. This was your grandmother's Sam. Nancy Loomis? Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it? Speaking of family..."

"Wait for it." Bailey said. "My name's not Ethan Landry, is it, dad?" He turned to Bailey. "Dad?" Tara asked in shock.

"Wait, if it's you two, that just leaves... Mindy?" The second Ghostface slowly took off her mask. Quinn. "Hey, roomies. You didn't see that one coming, did you?'

"Yeah, because you died!" Max shouted. "Kind of didn't thought. It was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers. Stab Mindy on the train. That sort of thing."

"Yep, and I just made sure I was first on the scene so I could switch her body out with a fresh one. Little fake blood, a prosthetic. You'd be amazed at what a grieving father can get away with."

Ethan and Quinn started to walk around them. "I got Stu Macher's mask. He was my favourite." Quinn said. "Nice. That's number three. That's two. Which leaves your father's."

He took out a mask. "This is what we've been counting down to, Sam. I'm gonna need you to put it on." Sam threw it out of his hand. "Fuck you!" But Ethan slashed her arm. "Stay the fuck back!"

"What? What is this? You did this as a family?" Sam asked as Tara picked up a brick again. "Hell yeah, bitch! You should know better than anyone."

"They're still not getting it." Ethan chuckled. "Look, I don't know what you believe, but I didn't commit those murders in Woodsboro. It wasn't me!"

"We know that. Of course you didn't. You think this is based on some bullshit conspiracy theory? Come on. Who do you think started the rumors about you in the first place?" Quinn raised her hand.

"Do you know how easy it was? To turn Sam from the hero of Woodsboro to the villain? How easy it is to convince the world to believe the worst in people rather than the best?"

"Because it's not enough to just kill someone these days. You have to assasinate their character first. So when dad here 'discovers' your horribly mutilated bodies posed with Sam wearing her father's mask, he'll say some poor dumb bastard read on the internet, that you're the real Ghostface and took matters into their own deluded hands.

"Exactly! That's why it's the perfect alibi. And all the best lies are based on the truth. You are a killer." Bailey pointed at them. "No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are, you motherfucker! You killed our brother!" Max furrowed her brows. "You said your brother died in a car accident."