Chapter 141: Nude

June looked at the woman's nameplate—Esther.

Then, he looked around the spacious studio. It was all white—from the walls to the decorations and even the lights.

Esther stood as a stark comparison against the plain background.

"Why are you still here?" she snarkily asked.

"You must hate working here, huh?" June suddenly said, causing her to stop chewing her gum.

Esther's eyebrows furrowed as she locked gazes with June.

"What are you talking about?"

"But you're staying here because the pay is really good," June continued to assess her life.

Esther's frown deepened. With their gazes still locked, she realized that she couldn't read the masked boy's eyes at all.

She had always been pretty good at reading other people! And that's how she was able to kick plenty of aspiring artists out of Mr. Choi Pablo's studio before they even met the man himself.

It was obvious when someone just wanted to use Choi Pablo to get ahead in life.

However, she couldn't read this man at all. If she could pick out just one emotion, then it'd be "desperation." Not the crazy kind! But one where he must really want to achieve something other than fame.

"What makes you say that?" she asked in a wary tone.

June shrugged. "You're chewing on a packet of gum you've bought," he said, pointing to the watermelon-flavored gum on top of the counter. "But there's multiple packets of lemon-flavored gum behind you. I'm assuming it's what the office provides."

Esther looked away.

"And your computer screen," June pointed at the large mirror on the back, where her computer screen is currently being reflected. "You're looking for job placements to become a designer while playing solitaire on the side. If that doesn't entail job dissatisfaction, then I don't know anymore."

Esther pursed her lips together. She felt like she was being read like an open book!

However, June didn't stop there.

"And you must hate the color white. None of your items remotely have that color, so this office is filled with the color you hate. But looking at your designer items, I'm assuming the pay is quite nice, so you can't really leave, am I right?" he asked.

Esther didn't respond.

"Or do you want me to continue?"

"Stop!" Esther exclaimed, her face reddening in embarrassment. "That's enough," she muttered.

Usually, she'd be the one reading people at the front desk. Choi Pablo trusted her so much that she could make people leave or stay based on her discretion.

However, this was the very first time that someone had read into her life!

"What's your name?" she asked.

"You're not interested in that, I presume," June said. "You only let in people you want to anyway."

Esther scoffed, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Alright, you got me there," she said. "You passed."

This man—it felt like he could become the next big star.

"Go in," Esther continued, pointing at the largest door. "Choi Pablo is probably resting there."

June bowed his head, taking Esther by surprise once more. Usually, people would jump and exclaim in joy once they were granted permission to go in. However, this guy just looked like he was entering a fast-food restaurant.