Chapter 189: Eighth Episode (2)

- Eighth? Why not first, huh, rich boy?

- Eyy, that would be too obvious then. Eighth place is just right to keep his fangirls and fan grandmas delusional!

- Oh my gosh! June went up until 8th place? I'm so proud. He just keeps rising every week!

- You must be proud of his parents, too!

- This comment section is hilarious. Feel kinda bad for the dude, though.

- This is the most awaited moment of the night! I can't wait to see how Rising Stars went with this.

Jia bit her lip as she watched June stand up from his seat. Unlike the other trainees, who were instantly adorned with some type of background music when they stood up, June was greeted with silence.

It felt more 'raw,' as if it was a live show despite being pre-recorded.

The camera focused on June, who slowly pushed himself up from his seat. The silence in the air was deafening, as though the entire room had fallen mute. Step by agonizing step, he began to make his way towards the stage. The fiberglass floor beneath him amplified the sound of his footsteps, each click-clack of his shoes resonating like a heartbeat.

June's gaze remained fixed straight ahead, the scene focusing on his unreadable eyes. Then, it panned out to his fellow trainees, who had expressions that ranged from envy, resentment, and anxiousness. They hadn't expected him to rank so high, and it was clear they didn't like it.

Even Robby was shown on screen, and he wore furrowed eyebrows as he looked at June.

"The silence is killing me," Wei whispered. "Why didn't they put any background music?"

Soo-min nodded in agreement. "Whoever edited this did a damn good job. I feel like I'm watching a soap opera."

Jia would have laughed since they were talking about her mom, but right now, she couldn't hear anything. She merely focused on June—who appeared to be lost on stage.

As June reached for the mic, the background noise in the room seemed to morph into a slight white noise, a buzz that only added to the tension. The camera, seemingly sentient, zoomed in on his trembling hands.

The trainees, still watching with narrowed eyes, exchanged anxious glances among themselves. There was a moment of silence that prolonged the cruelty of the situation.

The microphone hovered in front of June's lips, but no words came out. The silence was no longer just tense; it had become deafening….suffocating…

Then, with a heavy heart and a sinking feeling, June slowly lowered the microphone, breaking the silence with a faint, almost indecipherable sigh.

Then June's head dropped as he bowed, and time stretched as he held that position for what felt like an eternity.

- He's not even going to say anything? What a punk.

- Is this his way of apologizing? Fucking coward.

- June :(. My heart goes out to you!

- I don't know what's happening. Are they really not going to give us an explanation?

Xin and Hoon, who were in the confines of Hoon's room, watched the scene with satisfied smiles on their faces.

"Ah, this is gold," Hoon chuckled. This has been the happiest day of his life ever since he was eliminated. Seeing June bow his head and get humiliated in front of thousands, potentially even millions of people, brought him immense satisfaction.

"And it gets even better," Xin said. "Robby puts him under the spotlight, and he couldn't even utter a single word."

Joy swelled in Hoon's heart as he focused his gaze on the screen, waiting for June to get even more humiliated.