Chapter 171: Let's Have Fun

"No?"

"No," Choi Pablo repeated with resolution. "I haven't talked with those people for years."

"You're lying," June said, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Your mother still contacts you from time to time," he said, remembering how 'Choi Birth-Giver' called Pablo the first time they met.? "The fact that you still have her contact number saved instead of blocked already speaks a lot."

Choi Pablo sighed. "Fine. You got me there. My mom still contacts me sometimes. But that doesn't mean we have a good relationship."

"Let me guess," June smirked, already reading into the situation. "They want you to pursue this business world shit, but you want to pursue a career in photography, huh?"

Pablo froze, so June knew he was right on the dot.

"And this corruption issue is probably something you already knew, hence your social media detox," he continued, looking into the photographer's eyes.

Choi Pablo gulped and looked away from June's eyes. It felt as if his entire life was being read right in front of him.

"It's not that simple," he said.

Indeed, it was really that simple.

June hit it right on the nail.

"Whatever you say," June said. "I don't really care what's happening in your family, but since I'm stuck between all of this, I would appreciate it if you stepped out and clarified everything."

"I told you—I don't want to associate myself with my parents anymore," Pablo said. "I've worked so hard without getting their help, and I want the world to know that I didn't get to where I am right now just because of them."

"You're in a different field," June sighed. "Plenty of popular artists will come to your aid—I'm sure of that. I, on the other hand, am a part of Rising Stars, the show that your parents allegedly had a hand in rigging last year."

"Right," Pablo muttered under his breath. "Did you know? Entertainment companies are actually really rich. They can pay up to a million dollars just to ensure a spot in the debut team."

"You're getting off-topic here," June deadpanned.

Pablo sighed before turning back to June, looking more serious than ever.

"I consider you as my new muse," Pablo said. "But there's also a limit to what I can do for my muse. I can't help you on this one."

June pursed his lips in frustration. He was certain that convincing Choi Pablo would be much easier than this, but seeing the resolution on his face made him think otherwise.

"You don't want anything from me?"

"No," Pablo said without any hesitation.

"I'm afraid nothing can change my mind."

***

June sighed in frustration as he sat in front of their apartment complex, kicking a tiny, innocent pebble beneath his feet.

He visited Navel as he arrived, and the situation was much worse than he anticipated.

The reactions of the public might even be worse than the bullying accusation. Alex and Hyunwoo didn't have any proof back then, but with the solid proof that BannChu had laid out, a lot of people are convinced that June got his rank merely because of his connection with the Chois.

Time was also ticking.

Tomorrow was the day of the filming of the elimination episode (courtesy of the stabbing accident that happened a week ago), and June wondered if the production crew would take this rumor lightly.