Chapter 114: Sixth Episode (2)

The hate comments for June toned down when his leadership was shown to be the source of improvement for the group. His beautiful voice also sent other people speechless, his talent being undeniable.

However, the hate came back when a familiar scene played.

It was what everybody was anticipating—Zeth's and June's conversation on the stairs.

- It's here. I'm ready to write a hate paragraph for June.

- Don't mess with Zetherealists, June!

- Zetherealists are so fucking entitled. I wish you all to choke on your words later.

- Azure had been evil-editing kings until now, and you still believe them anyway.

- Zeth is number one! June's a leech who's sucking up to his fame.

"Damn," C-Jay said as he read the comments. "They still haven't let this one go. Did you really say any harsh things to Zeth?" he asked.

"Just watch the scene," June said, causing his friends to let out a frustrated sigh.

Why do they seem more nervous than the person involved in the scene?

The scene was finally shown, with June sitting on the stairs. Fortunately, the scene of him crying because of the spicy chip wasn't shown.

That would have been his thirteenth reason.

It went straight to the part where Zeth found June on the stairs.

Tension-filled music defined the scene, and as Zeth sat down next to June, the stirring instrument background became even more intense.

"Shit," Akira said. "Why does it feel like a fight is going to break out?"

Then, Zeth starts pouring his heart into June. After that, he started to cry.

"Oh man," Akira exclaimed. "He's really going through it, isn't he?"

"It's expected," Jaeyong said. "He's used to being on the top. It's hard to maintain that kind of image in these competitions. Everybody's expecting him to do well."

"He's doing well, though," Jisung said. "I thought he was fine. We were on the same team, but I didn't notice him going through this."

June still hadn't said anything at this point, and the audience waited in anticipation.

"It's taking so long," Jangmoon whined. "Did you really say shitty things to him?"

Then, the tension-filled music reached its climax. However, instead of progressing to a similar sound, it was replaced with emotional piano music when June handed Zeth the hard tacks he didn't want to eat.

June raised his eyebrows in surprise. He was expecting Azure to show the scene as it is, but with their editing style, it seemed like a very touching moment.

June began to speak, his voice soft and comforting.

June grimaced as he watched himself on TV. Heck, he didn't even notice he was speaking in such a tone. It's like a big brother looking out for his younger sibling.

"You don't have to be perfect," June said. "If you really think about it, nobody actually cares about you at all. We're all too focused on ourselves to give a damn about other people."

"We all fear that, Zeth. You're not special. Of course, it's alright to feel down every once in a while. That's normal. It's just the wheel of life. However, if that happens, just remember to go back to your original intentions—why are you doing this in the first place?"