Chapter 176: June's Plan

"Alright, we'll call some of the boys for the interviews tonight," Yejin announced. "Once we announce your name, please come backstage so we can prepare you for an interview."

"Ren...Zeth...Sehun...C-Jay....and Yuri! We'll be waiting backstage. We'll start off with Ren," she continued before going down the stage.

Ren quickly followed Yejin backstage for an interview. This was a common tradition in the past seasons of Rising Stars. Since all elimination episodes were pre-recorded back then, trainees were asked to share their feelings after the elimination, and it was edited in a way that gained the viewers' sympathy.

As Ren walked backstage, June clicked his tongue in annoyance. It was obvious that they weren't going to give him a chance to explain himself and his real situation.

With that in mind, June sat up from his seat and observed the 24 remaining boys. As expected, Zeth remained in the number one spot while Casper followed in second. Jisung retained his seventh rank, and the others were shuffled but were still in the top 10.

C-Jay, who was still emotional after landing the 25th place, continued sobbing in his seat. However, as his friends walked to his seat, he instantly felt better.

"I thought I wasn't going to make it," he whispered. Jangmoon slapped the back of his head.

"I fucking made it. Why'd you think you weren't going to?" he asked.

C-Jay chuckled, wiping the snot from his nose. "You're right. There's no way that I'll get eliminated before you."

They laughed loudly, and June watched them as he went down the stairs to join them.

"Hey," June said, causing them to stop laughing. They turned to June and the atmosphere suddenly turned cold. Everybody seemed to be wary of his presence—except for Jisung.

"Congratulations, bro!" he smiled. "You've worked hard."

"Thanks," June muttered. "You've worked hard, too."

Then, he faced the others. Jaeyong and Zeth were still with them, and it seemed like the two were purposely evading June's gaze.

June sighed. They thought the same, too.

They were conversing pretty loudly before June came, but now, there was a hint of awkwardness in the air.

June knew he was the reason for the awkwardness, so he cleared his throat to break the silence.

"I'll go now," he said.

"Are you going to your real home? Or your apartment?" Jangmoon asked, causing June to purse his lips.

"To my apartment—my real home," June vaguely answered before turning his back.

Jisung nudged Jangmoon's shoulder as June walked away from them.

"What?" Jangmoon asked, scratching the back of his head. "I was just curious."

Jisung felt frustrated as he looked at their suspicious faces. "Look, I don't know the real story behind June's life. I'm sure nobody has a clue since he doesn't share these things with us, but do you really think so lowly of him?"

C-Jay pursed his lips. "I just don't know what to believe. He doesn't tell us anything, and the evidence is very very convincing. Why else would he have taken us to Pierre?"

"Yeah," Akira said. "And the Colexx watch, too. I like June, I really do. But this is just something I can't comprehend."

Jisung clicked his tongue. "Can't you be thankful for once? He gave you a watch," he gestured to C-Jay. "And he all treated us for brunch. You're talking as if everything is already confirmed!"