A Black Sorting Hat and a Common Room

Dumbledore announces my name and I hear everyone whispering about a Black at Hogwarts. Great. Not that Rose would have been less to talk about. I walk to the front looking strait ahead with a perfect pageant smile not making eye contact with anyone. The hat is placed on my head and he instantly begins to talk as he picks apart my mind. Out loud. I see the shock on Dumbledore face and that is how I know something is wrong.

"Well you really a tricky one now aren't you dear? You could really go anywhere but at the same time not everywhere would be accepting of your other attributes. I have not felt so much power in one student since the beginning. The sole heir of the Rose family, they would be Ravenclaw for sure. The last Black, they are known for being Slytherin but you are born of the lone Gryffindore Lion. So where to put you. You are kind as a Hufflepuff with great since of justice and loyalty. However you are only loyal to those who are loyal to you and your since of justice is your own. You are also too bold for them. The boldness would lean me to Gryffindore. You do have their bravery but again your honor is your own and you loyalty comes with strings. You are too ambitious and independent to be a good fit there. Ambition would lead me to Slytherin. You are also very determined, clever, and respectful. However you are a bit too kind for their liking but maybe. You intelect and power is beyond compare. The is always a top trait of Ravenclaw. Your intuition never leads you astray and your creativity is a thing of beauty. However your ambition and need to walk your own path may cause friction there too. Oh dear this is tricky. Slytherin or Ravenclaw it's down to those two not surprising with the combination of your bloodlines. Too warm for Slytherin at times but too cold for Ravenclaw at times. Your power will be most appreciated by Slytherin but as a decendent of Merlin himself you would be worshiped by Ravenclaw. You are destined to turn the tides wherever you go. Athletic too. By far the hardest placement I've ever made. I've been wrong before and it has cost many dearly. No preferences either. Opened minded and trusting of my judgment. Very Hufflepuff but that is already out. Fine then. Better be SLYTHERIN!"

Three of the tables put their head down in disappointment but one roars with joy. Dumbledore looks at me in shock as he takes the hat. I meet Remus's eyes and shakes his head no like he will talk to me later. I get up and head to my new table. Theo is standing on the bench yelling "that's my girl!" Before Matteo pulls him down and Enzo throws something at him. Matteo smiles at me as I rush over to him. He tries to make room on the other side him but Theo shoves him over so I have to sit between them and across from Enzo.

"Welcome to Slytherin" Draco says tipping his head in respect.

Pansy leans around Draco and says "that was the wildest thing ever. The hat never talks out loud like that. It is usually silent while it talks in your head then just shouts the house. I would say how embarrassing but honestly the hat had nothing bad to say about you."

"That wasn't normal?" I ask.

Matteo grabs my hand "No Angel. It wasn't." He looks unnerved by what happened.

Sure enough. The first years come in and get sorted and all you hear is their house. Some are instant decisions and others take a while but none take as long as yours. After the feast Remus comes up to you "hello everyone he greets, Lacey May I borrow you for a bit? We bed to collect your bags from my office now that you have been sorted. I can not get you into the dorms but Snape will meet us there"

You leave with him and the second the door closed he rushes over to hug you "are you okay sweetheart?" He asks.

"I am fine but what is going on?"

"The hat isn't supposed to do that. It isn't supposed to reveal what is in your head out loud. Thankfully, it said nothing but great things. It did however reveal that you are an heir of Merlin."