team nights out

'What time did we tell the girls we'd be there?' Beth asks glancing up at Vivianne who is hovering in the doorway with Piper cradled against her chest.

'7-ish... Amanda is going to be here in 15 minutes.' Vivianne replies and Beth nods her head.

'Am I awful for leaving her this young? Maybe you should go on your own and I'll just stay in.' Beth says glancing at them both in the mirror.

'Firstly, you're not awful. She's nearly three months old and we'll be out for at most a few hours... Secondly, we don't have to go if you aren't ready for it. The girls won't mind and we can always just invite Amanda to stay for a bit anyway.' Vivianne replies causing Beth to sigh.

'No, I do want to go and the longer I put off leaving her then the harder it's going to get... I need to do it eventually. It's just hard.' Beth says whispering the last sentence causing Vivianne to make her way over to the blonde.

'I know it is, liefie. She'll be in good hands and I promise once we're with the girls you'll be fine.' Vivianne replies using her free hand to run through the ends of Beth's hair.

'Mm... Right let me finish getting ready then I'll feed her before we go. Can you double check I've pumped enough bottles for her for the night.' Beth asks and Vivianne nods her head.

'Of course I can. We'll be downstairs when you're ready, okay?' Vivianne replies.

'Okay... Have we booked a taxi or is one of us driving?' Beth asks.

'Leah and Wally are coming with Amanda and we'll get a taxi with them.' Vivianne replies.

'Thank goodness you guys are so organised because I absolutely am not.' Beth says causing Vivianne to laugh as she leaves the room with Piper.

****

'You have both our numbers? Call if you need absolutely anything... If she isn't settling after a bottle and being changed then try the pram. Sometimes she just needs to be pushed around for a bit to settle her. There is also dummys in the little nappy caddy in both the living room and her nursery.' Beth says keeping Piper cradled against her chest as Amanda nods her head.

'Liefie, I think Amanda has everything covered... You just need to give her Piper and she's good.' Vivianne says softly, her hand resting on Beth's lower back.

'I know.' Beth replies quietly as she keeps Piper cradled in her arms.

'We don't have to go out if you're not ready. We can stay in if you want?' Vivianne says and Beth shakes her head.

'No, I want to go out... I need to leave her at some point.' Beth replies. Taking a deep breath, Beth kisses the top of Piper's head before passing her over to Amanda.

'I'll take good care of her.' Amanda says softly and Beth nods her head as she bites her bottom lip.

'I know, I know... Right let's go before I change my mind.' Beth almost whispers as she grabs her bag and heads straight for the front door, ignoring the tears that are threatening to fall.

'You sure you're ready for this? The rest of the girls will understand.' Leah says softly as she follows the blonde out of the house and drapes her arms around her shoulders.

'The longer I put it off the harder it's going to get to leave her and eventually I'm going to need to leave her for away games...' Beth replies and Leah nods her head.

'Plus I know I can trust your mum.' Beth adds and Leah smiles.

'You've made her year, you know? She adores you, Viv and PJ.' Leah says and Beth smiles as she wipes her cheeks.

'And we adore her. It's been so fun watching the games with her.' Beth replies smiling.

****

Glancing down at her phone in her hand, Beth sighs as she sees the message from Amanda ping through.

That's Piper all settled. She's had a bottle, a snuggle and is now fast asleep in bed. Enjoy your night and I'll see you when you get back, don't rush xx

'Feel better now?' Vivianne asks softly as she rests her head on Beth's shoulder causing the blonde to smile.

'Mm-hmm...' Beth replies smiling.

'Will we dance?' Vivianne asks gesturing to the dancefloor where some of the other girls are already dancing together.

'You don't like dancing.' Beth replies raising her eyebrows at the brunette.

'But you do... I'm not saying I'll be dancing all night or anything.' Vivianne says causing Beth to nod her head.

'Lets dance.' She replies smiling. Together they make their way towards the dance floor where Jen, Alessia, Kyra, Emily, Lia and Leah are already dancing.

'There's our Beffy!' Jen says grinning as Beth and Vivianne make their way towards the group.

'You okay?' Leah asks smiling as Beth nods her head.

'Your mum messaged... Piper is fast asleep in bed.' Beth replies and Leah nods her head.

'And now you feel like you can relax a bit more?' Leah asks and Beth smiles.

'Mm-hmm... Now I don't feel as bad about leaving.' Beth admits smiling.

****

'Do you think you guys will have more babies? I know you haven't exactly had an easy ride of it but is it something you would consider? Or would Viv want to carry?' Lia asks glancing at Beth who is sitting beside her.

'I want more. It hasn't been easy, none of it was easy but sometimes I just look at Piper and I just want all the babies...' Beth replies causing Lia to laugh.

'When my sickness wasn't awful, I didn't mind being pregnant... In fact I loved just going about my day-to-day life feeling her moving and kicking. I'm not sure if Viv wants to carry but if she did I wouldn't be mad about it.' Beth continues.

'Do you think you'll wait a while until you go again if you're the one who's carrying again?' Lia asks and Beth shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know. I do like the idea of there maybe being two or three years between them because I like the idea of them being close in age but I also know I need to fully recover before we even consider it.' Beth replies.

'I think two years sounds like a good gap cause then Piper will be walking and talking probably making it easier for you.' Lia says.

'Do you think you and Le would ever have children? I know it's still relatively early days with you guys but you have got Coco now...' Beth asks causing Lia to smile as she glances across to where Leah is dancing with Jen and Alessia.

'Mm... We have actually spoke about it. It's something we both want in the future but we're not quite sure when. I think at the moment we're just enjoying each other and Coco of course.' Lia replies causing Beth to smile.

'I'm so glad you guys finally realised what was right in front of you all this time.' Beth says and Lia nods her head.

'So am I.' Lia replies softly.