𝗼𝗻𝗲

𖦹 ° 📸 ONE! ☾⋆𖦹
—— Winchester Ice Rink 🏒
dakota's pov!
— — — — — — — — — — — — —

WE WALK as a group to the ice rink. we all know where it is since we've attended games in the past to support whoever it is we know on the team.

I'm forced to unfortunately attend every game since my older twin brothers are on the team and are both starters. We quickly learned that with the 6 of us, not every starter is being covered, which sounds a little rude but overall it's not my problem if they aren't as good as the rest of the starters.

Abbie is picking who we each are assigned to, and we get along pretty well so I'm hoping I get put with one of my brothers, or at least someone I know decently well.

"I made the list and hung it up on the wall outside the locker room so that you can easily access it. Partners are non-negotiable because I don't feel like switching everyone around simply if you don't like your partner... sorry!" Abbie smiles as she motions to the poster. "I've arranged that you guys will have a little time to get to know your assigned player before practice starts, so they'll be here in a few minutes."

I walk over to the list to take a look at it.

Romeo Collins — Alyvia Watson
Ben Collins — Adelaide Sinclair
Calvin Schuster — Dakota Collins
Jaylen Morretti — Mailey Peters
Alex Parker — Rosalie Dela Cruz
Jack Rencher — Emily Hart
Colin Corey — Iridan Solace

I hadn't known Iridan was apart of our group, but I wasn't upset about it. I'm assuming its because Mrs, Akins changed her mind and wanted to do the interviews about all of the starters plus one backup, and we only had 6 people, so Mrs. Akins added another.

Iridan is pretty quiet but she's super sweet and we get along well. I'm not sure if she'll exactly vibe with Colin, but at the end of the day it's not my issue... sorry Iridan!

Seeing that Adelaide and Ben are paired makes me laugh. I'm sure Ben's going to have something to say about that...

"I'm with Ben of all people? Seriously?" Adelaide groans, and I laugh silently.

I'm not upset that I got Calvin, he's pretty chill and he's super nice to me. He's one of Romeo's good friends, and he's also friends with Ben. It'll be rather easy to deal with him since we aren't on bad terms like Ben and Adelaide...

Alyvia seems chill with the fact that she got Romeo, I mean they are pretty good friends anyway.

"I've actually never met Jaylen before, this'll be interesting." Mailey mumbles.

It's as if she summoned him with those words, because the group of boys is approaching us, Jaylen in the front of the group.

Romeo and Ben smile at me, and I smile back. I'm pretty close with my brothers, all things considered. They're pretty protective of me and I can always tell them anything if I need to.

"Hey, Kota. What's with you and your... yearbookies at our practice?" Romeo asks, and I send him a questioning look.

"My yearbookies? Really, Ro?" I laugh, and he shrugs.

"What else am I supposed to call you?" He asks, and I open my mouth it speak, but realize I don't actually know the proper term for people in yearbook.