𝘀𝗶𝘅

𖦹 ° 🩰 SIX! ☾⋆𖦹
—— The Peters Residence 🛌
mailey's pov!
— — — — — — — — — — — — —

"MAILEY, I told you not to interact with him." My father says sternly, and I sigh angrily.

"I have to, dad! He's who I got assigned to interview and take pictures of. He's not even trying to flirt with me, I promise." I reason, and he shakes his head.

"Don't talk to him more than you have to. I know my players well, and I don't want him to hurt you. I know Jay is a good person but... he's a boy." My dad sighs, and I nod.

"I know, dad, but he's not that bad. He's nice to me... surprisingly." I mumble, and he shakes his head.

"If he asked you on a date you'd say no, right?" My dad asks, and I sigh.

"Yeah, dad, I would say no." I reply, and he nods.

He lets the conversation end there, and I head up to my room. I'm not sure why he's so concerned about my relations with Jaylen, because we've only spoken like twice. Sure, he's a little bit attractive, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm sort of shocked I hadn't met him prior to the yearbook assignment, because he's on the hockey team. I'd met most of the others, and I obviously know Rome and Ben because Kota is one of my closest friends.

I'd met most of the team when I used to go to the rink to wait for my dad to be done coaching since I don't have my drivers license, and they were obviously practicing, but somehow I never noticed Jaylen.

So far us being partnered up hasn't really been an issue, he's a little flirty but it doesn't really affect how productive we are.

He's also usually in a bad mood, which doesn't really help during the interviewing time, but we manage to get past it.

There's only an hour or so until the practice today, and I'm obviously riding with my dad, so I decide I'll do a little bit of homework before heading to the practice.

I get a text from the yearbook group chat reminding us to get there 40 minutes early for pictures and I jump up from my bed.

"Oh shit!" I curse before sprinting out to my dad. "Dad, can you drop me off like... right now? I'm supposed to be at the rink 40 minutes early because we're taking pictures today."

He sighs. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll just stay early so I can get stuff set up for practice. Make sure you've got all your stuff."

I smile. "I do! Thank you."

My dad drives us to the rink and we head inside. I'm surprised to see Jaylen standing in the hallway outside the interview room.

"Jay! What— what're you doing here so early?" I stutter, mostly just shocked he's here.

"Am I not allowed to be?" He raises an eyebrow.

"That's not what I meant! I'm just... wondering. Because the rest of the team isn't here." I mumble.

"Chill, Mailey. I'm messing with you." He laughs a little.