𝘁𝘄𝗼

𖦹 ° 🏒 TWO! ☾⋆𖦹
—— Winchester High School 📍
romeo's pov!
— — — — — — — — — — — — —

BEING PARTNERED with Alyvia was a good thing, I think. I mean, yes, she's really really good friends with my brother, but Adelaide is my best friend and that doesn't seem to cause a rupture in her and Ben's... whatever they have.

She's pretty, and she's one of my friends, so I don't think we'll have any complications as so far simply talking to each other.

"Dude," Adelaide groans as she walks up to me. "How do you deal with him?! I can't even stand to be near him for 2 minutes."

I laugh. "Well he's not flirting with me, so..."

She glares. "Knock it off, Rome. You know there's nothing there."

"Only person who doesn't see it is you."
I snicker, and she pushes me, part playfully part anger.

"Quit it! I came to ask you to hang out but I guess I'll ask Kota instead." She scoffs, and I immediately shut up.

"What? I wanna hang out!"

She shakes her head. "Nope, not anymore."

I roll my eyes. "Fine. I have hockey anyway. Don't you have to come to that to snap pics of your future boyfriend?"

"Ben? Yeah, but he's not my future boyfriend. I definitely don't wanna be related to you." She corrects, and I laugh.

"Alright then, Addy. I'm gonna go find my teammates. If you wanna find the yearbookies they're in the yearbook room, Ben visited it earlier." We do our handshake and part ways.

I walk to the rowdy lunch table full of my teammates, sitting down in between Ben and Calvin.

Cal's another one of my closest friends, but he's also super close with Ben. I'm wary of him usually because he's oddly nice to my baby sister, but I haven't mentioned it.

Usually he just flirts with any girl who looks in his direction, but he hasn't with Kota, and I'm not sure if I should be grateful or if he's playing the long game with her.

"What's up, Collins!" Cal shouts as he dabs me up, and I nod my head at him in acknowledgment.

I turn to Ben. "Addy's super pissed at you, man. Why're you always pissing her off?"

He gives me a look. "Because she's annoying, dude. It's funny to piss her off."

That's the most asshole thing he's ever said to me, but I know he doesn't mean it like that.

He clearly sees the way I interpreted his words, because he jumps to defend himself again.

"Well, like— you know, we just don't get along, Romeo! We always make each other mad!" He stutters, and I laugh.

"Yeah, I know, Ben. By the way, what'd you say to her yesterday before you left? And yes, I caught it." I quiz, and he smirks barely.

"I just told her she was hot when she was mad." He shrugs, and my jaw drops.

"You did what? Why!" I ask him, very confused on why he'd do that if he genuinely hates her.