𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𖦹 ° 🧸 THREE! ☾⋆𖦹
—— Winchester Ice Rink 🏒
adelaide's pov!
— — — — — — — — — — — — —

BEING BEN'S partner was a burning paper, inside a dumpster fire, inside a bank that's being robbed thats located in hell. It was awful. He constantly was making rude jokes or just completely ignoring me.

"It's impossible to complete the interview if you won't talk to me, Benjamin." I snap, and he finally turns to me, looking down at me slightly.

He raises an eyebrow as he sets his elbows on the table, leaning in closer to me. "Didn't you ask me to shut up? I'm just listening to your request, princess."

"Quit it with the princess thing, you're not funny." I snap, "what's the deal with that anyway? I'm not rich or anything."

He smirks. "Well you're usually acting like you own the place, even though you really have no power. Pretty princess-like to me."

I glare at him. "You're an asshole."

"I'm really not, Lai." He says honestly.

I laugh humorlessly. "You are, Benji."

He raises an eyebrow curiously at my choice of nickname. "Benji? Interesting version of my name, princess, but I'd prefer you not call me that."

"You're so weirdly formal, geez..." I mumble, "but no, I'm going to continue to call you Benji just because I now know it makes you annoyed."

"Great," he says sarcastically. "I'm not sure how Romeo deals with you, you just yap all the time. My ears are practically bleeding."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, as if you didn't call me hot yesterday."

"I did, so what? That doesn't mean you aren't annoying. You can't honestly tell me you haven't at least had the thought that I'm attractive once. You know you have, Lai."

Oh man had I. If he wasn't so damn rude or annoying all the time I'd definitely have a crush on him.

"No... why would I think of you like that." I mumble, a slight pink on my cheeks. Ben catches this and smirks.

"Yeah, alright then, princess. Wanna get your little interview over with so I can go practice?" I asks, checking the time on his watch.

I try to not let him get to me as I nod, looking down at the paper again. He leans back in his chair, removing his elbows from the table and manspreading.

"Okay... what motivates you most when you're playing hockey?" I ask, and he thinks for a moment.

"My brother, probably. That sounds really sappy, but we bounce off of each other extremely well and if he's playing well I play well. It's weird, but maybe it's because we're twins." He explains, genuinely smiling in my presence for the first time.

His smile is really good.

I smile at his answer, writing down the gist of what he said. He drums his hands on the table calmly while I write.

"Okay, what inspired you to play hockey?" I look up at him, and we make direct eye contact for a second. For once in our lives, we're not arguing, and I'll say I don't hate this Ben... as much. We just look at each other for a while, but the tension usually gets to me.