Chapter. 5 storm rising

Night paw was sitting on the high Rock, the breeze blowing his fur violently. "It's quite windy today" maple paw said emerging from her den as she squinted. The wind howled as it blew the trees around. Night paw jumped down swiftly and went to grab a small rabbit. The wind blew the light prey away. Scar jumped up and grabbed it. He walked over and joined night paw. "The wind is crazy today" scar said. Night paw nodded in agreement as he swallowed the rest of the rabbit. Zara came out and followed him to the high Rock. She jumped up beside him and smiled. Night paw smiled back at her. They talked for a bit.

BOOM! A giant boom echoed the forest. Night paws ears perked up as he stood up quickly. "What the hell was that?!" Zara exclaimed as she stood up beside night paw. "I don't know" night paw said as he looked at the mountains. Something orange began seeping down the mountain side. Toxic emerged from his den. "Ash land.. " he whispered to himself. The pack stared at the lava running down the mountain. "GO!" Night paw yelled as he began running to the gorge. The pack followed behind him. The pack ran swiftly through the forest as the volcano echoed the forest again. This time, lava spurted out of the volcano and covered some of the forest. "GET TO THE INBETWEEN!" Night paw yelled as he ran past sunning stones with the pack behind him.

The lava chased them fast. Night paw yelled warnings as he passed the other packs. Flame joined and so did dekoda. They ran and scurried into the tunnel. The packs forming lines as they ran through the dark and slim tunnel. Night paw stopped as the packs ran by him. He stared back into the tunnel. He noticed maple paw hadn't passed him yet. He heard a yowl of pain. "MOM!" Night paw yelled as he shot back into the tunnel. He grabbed his mother by the front leg and carried her. She coughed. "I'm sorry night paw, my limbs hurt and I'm not young anymore" maple paw said as she bounced on his back. "We have to catch up with them just sit tight" night paw said as he sprinted out of the tunnel.

Finally they caught up with them. Night paw walked behind the pack as maple paw went to the front with toxic and scar. Night paw stopped for a second as he looked back. The fire was moved rapidly amongst the trees. Night paw could only see the rising smoke from above the mountains. He watched as ash fell to the ground. He started running and ran with the other packs. He caught up to the front and lead them away from the burning forest. Everybody's limbs began aching as they reached miles and miles away.

"Slow down, we should be fine now" night paw said as he slowed to a trot. The packs were sad and tears welled in their eyes. Apollo and hawk played together as they moved along the giant field. Night paw stopped as he felt the ground shake. He looked back. Ice wolves ran swiftly toward them. "RUN!" Night paw shouted as he began sprinting. Everyone began running faster and faster. "Duck!" He yelled as he hopped into the tall grass. The packs separated into small groups in the grass. They watched the ice wolves run by them swiftly. Some of them with blood. "It must've reached them to" flame whispered. After the ice wolves passed they got up and began walking again. A long journey lays ahead of them.