Chapter 10 The first hunt and stories

The pack was losing prey fast so they split up to go hunting. Zara, night paw and the pups went together. Toxic and maple paw stayed home since she was too sick to go. Toxic worried but he tried to clear his mind. He remembered when he was all happy with his two best friends. They are dead now. Toxic laid with Maple paw as she slept a little more.

"There!" Night paw said as he ducked down. "It's a small rabbit" Zara said as she rolled her eyes. "It will be easy for the pups to catch" night paw said back to her. "Oh" Zara said as she grinned. "Ready and go!" Night paw said. Skull jumped out first and fang held back before finally going. Fang had anxiety and feared the hunt would go wrong. Skull was fearless as he leaped onto the rabbit. Fang soon joined him and they killed the rabbit together. Skull proudly trotted with the rabbit in his mouth. Fang followed behind him.

Night paw and Zara smiled at them. "Great job guys" Night paw said as he licked both of their heads. The small family went back to camp and placed the prey on the new prey pile. Soon, the other pack members came home with a few more prey. Night paw smiled as the pack had a very successful hunt. Zara sat beside him and laid her head on his shoulder. "This pack is great" Zara admitted. Night paw licked her head.

"Fang, skull, being some prey to your grandmother please" Night paw asked the pups. They nodded and brought her a large juicy rabbit. Fang admired toxic so she also brought him a sparrow. "Thank you pups" toxic said. Maple paw said the same thing. "Pups, wanna hear a story about your grandfather?" Maple paw asked them as she laid down. "Yeah!" Skull said as he ran over to her. Fang nodded and followed after skull. They laid beside maple paw and listened very closely.

"Your grandfather was a hero" maple paw began. "He lead many wars and was the king of God's" maple paw said as she looked at the sky out a small hole in the top of the den. The pups stared at her with wide eyes. "One day, a huge ambush happened at our old home" maple paw said as she lightly closed her eyes. "There were so many ice wolves, we were outnumbered, your grandfather, dark Knight, took the lead and fought off the king of ice wolves and many others" maple paw explained as she looked at the small pups. "We won many wars because of dark Knight" maple paw nearly teared up at the thought of him. "He was the strongest wolf in all of the world, he will be remembered for centuries" maple paw explained again. "I wanna be just like him!" Skull stood up and puffed out his chest. "Maybe one day you will" maple paw laughed.

The pups ran off to their parents and told them all about what maple paw told them. Toxic sat beside maple paw. "You realize there is much more you could've told them about him" toxic said as he looked at her. "I know but they are far to young to know all that" she admitted as she laid her head on the ground. "True I guess" toxic agreed with maple paw. They were way to young to know the true details. Toxic admired dark Knight a lot.