Chapter. 6 the desert

The fire wolves walked for days in the field. Soon, they finally found a new biome. They stopped at the edge of a small desert. The desert was smaller than expected but still a good place to stay since the ice wolves wouldn't survive a day there. They settled in quickly. The mountains of sand had small caves for temporary dens. The wolves settled in and claimed their own dens. Night paw had a few tears stream down his face as he collapsed to the ground. His whole body ached and he was already missing his old home.

Zara didn't really cry but still showed sorrow for the forest. She went over to night paw and sat beside him. "Are you okay?" Zara asked. Night paw sniffled and wiped his tears. "Yeah, just a little sad that's all" night paw said as he got to his paws. He tried not to show weakness. Zara licked his fur softly. Maple paw stumbled as she walked over to toxic. "I think im getting sick" maple paw said, her voice raspy. Toxic had tears streaming down his face as he stared at her. "Come into the cave" toxic said as he wiped his tears. Maple paw laid down as toxic checked her. "Your all skinny and boney! This isn't good at all!" Toxic exclaimed as he noticed how sick she really was. She has a deadly sickness. "You'll be okay I promise" toxic lied to her. He wasn't sure.

God wolf walked past toxics den and overheard him crying. God wolf brushed it off his shoulders. He walked over to hawk and went to go play with him. "I don't know what we're going to do" night paw said as he frowned and looked at the ground. "Me neither" Zara said as she rolled her eyes. "But, we can get through this" Zara said again as she smiled at him. A rabbit ran past scar, he quickly grabbed it and choked it. He began eating it. His grief turned to anger. Why couldn't anything make him happy? Toxic was depressed.

The desert sand burned the wolves feet as some of them cooled off in the rock dens. Night paw and Zara went into their own den together since the rest of the pack took the other dens. Night paw laid next to Zara and blushed at her. He smirked. She smirked back at him as she rolled her eyes.

Maple paw laid in toxics den with him. She slept right beside him. Toxic laid his head on her shoulder and fell asleep. The moon began to rise. The pack tried to sleep. They still had more plans for the next morning. The ice wolves could attack at anytime now. Toxic was worried maple paw wouldn't make it back to a new forest but he had some confidence.