Chapter. 13 the first gathering

Night paw stretched and yawned. He walked out of his den and into the morning sun. "We have a pack meeting today, let's not be late let's get there now" night paw yowled. The pack looked at him and then followed him. Night paw bent his head down and sniffed the scents of the other packs. He finally found a clearing where flame was arriving. Flame emerged from the bushes and into the grassy clearing. Dekoda came after flame and the alphas sat in a line. Night paw sat in the middle.

"Welcome to our new Territory" Night paw announced. The crowd smiled and cheered. They chanted night paws name. "The ice wolves are further away from us so attacks are unlikely" night paw interrupted the crowd. Apollo ran to hawk quickly. Flame allowed him to and so did moon, Apollo's mom. Night paw smiled at the joy of the two pups.

Maple paw and toxic made it there a little after the gathering started. Maple paw was sluggish and sick so it took them longer to arrive. Zara sat and watched night paw as he spoke to the crowd bravely. "Unfortunately there is no going back home" night paw yowled into the crowd. The crowd looked at them in fear and sadness as they were reminded of the day they could've all died. "Our home is all ashes and everything is destroyed" Night paw announced one again.

"Good day to you all and thank you for attending this gathering" night paw said as he stood up and stared at the crowd. The packs split up and went home. Zara caught up with night paw. "That wasn't what I was expecting" Zara said. "You were all the way hidden in the back, how did you even know what was going on?" Night paw asked her jokingly. "I have very good hearing" Zara replied. They made their way back to camp and laid down. The pack grew tired.