Chapter 2. who is she?

The next morning...
As sloppy as night paw felt, it didn't stop him from taking a short walk around the kingdom. He needed to start his job as king. He began walking out of the camp, his paws getting covered with mud as he walked. The clouds remained in the sky but there wasn't a hint of rain. Night paw looked around, is this how dark Knight had felt when patrolling? Admiring the beauty of the kingdom? Night paw slightly smiled. He felt something warm beside him, he looked at both of his sides but nobody was there. Suddenly he felt like he was walking with someone. He realized. He smiled as he realized dark Knight was really there with him after all.

As he continued, he felt the warmth feeling leave him. He frowned again and almost cried. He stood strong as he wiped his tears quickly. BAM! A wolf plunged into night paw and he stumbled over. He heard a growl as he was tightly pinned to the ground. "GET OFF ME!" Night paw growled as he attempted to break free. He heard the growl soften and quickly go away. The heavy weight lifted off his chest as he rose to his paws. He looked up and spotted a light yellow she-wolf standing in front of him, grinning. She giggled. "You should've seen your face!" She joked. "I thought you were an ice wolf despite the silver on your back" she growled quietly.

"Who are you?" Night paw said confusingly. "I'm Zara" she said as she smirked. "Who are you?" She asked, looking directly into his eyes. "I'm night paw, the new king" night paw said as he rolled his eyes. "Quite nice to meet you" she said as she rolled her eyes back. "So can I join your pack? You better say yes" Zara said as she sat down and licked the mud off her paws. Night paw bit his tongue as he held back the urge to say something. "Sure, I guess" night paw said as he began walking.

Zara bumped into him and walked beside him. Night paw was starting to get annoyed but kept his cool with her. He glanced at her legs, he noticed she had the same scars as him. He quickly looked forward as she looked at him. "Why are you looking at my legs you creep?!" Zara yelled at him as he growled. "I didn't" night paw protested. Zara smirked as she calmed herself down. They walked through the entrance of the camp and she looked around. "Amazing camp!" Zara said as she smiled. "Over here is your den" night paw said as he walked over to a vacant den. "Thanks I guess" Zara said as he walked in and inspected it.

"Out here is the prey pile, just help yourself whenever" night paw said. Night paw walked toward the high Rock and jumped on top of it. "Everyone gather beneath the high Rock for a clan meeting!" Night paw yowled. The wolves walked slowly our of their dens and underneath the high Rock. They listened closely. "Today someone new has joined our pack" night paw announced. He looked toward Zara. Zara rolled her eyes and smirked. Night paw bit his tongue once again. "Everyone welcome Zara" night paw said as he stared at her. Everyone smiled but nobody cheered. Zara felt welcomed as she wagged her nub tail. "Meeting dismissed" night paw said as he leapt down from the high Rock.

He climbed into his den and plopped down into his moss bed. His eyes slowly closed as he drifted into his sleep.