𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐- 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰

The amiable meal satisfied them temporarily and the fall had its limits. Lucian and Aileen were left in separate ways, bounding them to never connect ever again. She talked about him for a week, and she was fortuned to meet other people. The outcome surfaced more abruptly for Lucian.

November 2020

March 13th changed me as everyone else had, I was told I was going to stay home for two weeks because of Covid-19 and the concern turned into months of dullness and anxiety. I spent the rest of my sixth-grade year alone, I was forced away from the people that I loved all in silence and there was no sign of changes until there were recent mandates that were publicized. August was a strange month at first but then as time passed, I was fine. In this current state, I was still enduring distance and differences; everyone was too. The distance that me and Aileen endured tarnished our inseparability, we weren't the same and we could've blamed the pandemic all we wanted for this, but we both knew that it was the people around us. Society changed, revolving its good deeds to evil channeled by decoys. Comparatively to Aileen's liking to Lucian, she was allured into a trance of rebellion. I couldn't allow myself to be dragged into this trance, so I let go and maintained my stance apart from where she had drifted off to. The acceptance of our dissociation was hard to understand and now I grew to understand that I did it to save myself. Meeting other people is possible and that part doesn't hurt.

...

Lucian was dimly in the background of my seventh-grade year. The image of him was vivid in my mind and sometimes he could be invisible. His tall frame is credited for my visible sights of him, we would be walking through our isolated paths during the end of our school days, he initially blended in the crowd up until he glistened with Vivian.

Lucian's tall frame complimented Vivian's facial structure. Her chiseled jawline, forest-green eyes, and coral-pink lips produced perfection. They stood within the field outside the school's building and as they waited for the buses to arrive, they gazed at each other in admiration; taking in one's features. Lucian had his arms wrapped around Vivian's waist, exchanging "I love yous." with her. When they saw the buses parked in their spots, Lucian pulled her into his chest, pressing his lips onto hers. He smiled beneath her lips and gave her a final hug before leaving her. Their scene came to be a typical routine that humanity would see for the rest of the 2020 school year.

Until it wasn't.

We used to be close, but people can go
From people you know to people you don't
And what hurts the most is people can go
From people you know to people you don't.