𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑- 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

June 2022

I hated everything about the drastic change that was made in the end of the school year but not him. I hoped that things wouldn't end in the way they wanted but they fell apart and there was nothing I could do about it. The situation swayed in the back of my mind, with intoxicating questions of what I would've done better to prevent the drought and the distance of me and Lucian. That I had to constantly remind myself that the answer was awaking me and knowing that it was nothing, it was void. I had to fall into void and stay there until a commotion pulled me upwards. I had to find a way to forget who I liked and explore other routes that are better. For the first weeks of the summer, I was wildered. I was missing the past and I wasn't ready to move on, the problem I've been having since my future was prowling to me. Yet he made it impossible, he made everything impossible. I hated this spell he had on me, but I adored it anyway unlike his previous lovers. Was this a blessing? How could I remove the arrow he pierced into me?  The act of my cousin traveling here from Puerto Rico would make my summer grander, causing a greater distraction; an escape from the inevitable fate that I was living in. She could fix my world that was caving in.

Think I'll miss you forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never
Even if you're gone, I'm gonna drive (drive), drive
I got that summertime, summertime sadness
Su-su-summertime, summertime sadness
Got that summertime, summertime sadness
Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.