𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒- 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮

June 2022

I drowned in the darkness of the night with repose around me. One that life and death couldn't touch. I rise to see a wide screen with clouded stars and to feel a pair of arms around my waist. Those arms hooked on to my waist and the touch alone, made me paralyzed. The horde of faces restrained my vision and my memory was dazed. I looked down and found Lucian staring ahead at the screen without a care in the world, the setting and the glows of the spirits in the cinema. There was a fine line between the lull and hushed tones in the room and that knotted our larynxes. Lucian's heart vibrated in slow paces on my chest, our hearts had linked and held each other the way that I was holding him. I was mortified and secured by the place I was in. I didn't want to leave but I was afraid that if he stayed in my arms, I would fuse myself here permanently. "I'm going to the bathroom, wait for me while I get back." Lucian said as he stood up and gazed at me for a closing time. He walked away and I turned to the screen that continued to play with the fallen stars.

                         10:16 pm
My blood soared through my veins and thundered my pulse against my ears. The movie had ended, and I looked to the seat next to me and Lucian hadn't returned. I followed the faces out of the cinema to search for him. I didn't know what I was going to do if I didn't find him. I searched every complexion for his. His eyes met mine at a distance away and all I could do dwell on my stance until he reached for me.

                   "Mili. Mili. Mili."

A whisper resonated within my reach, waking me from my strayed universe. I blinked and found my cousin, Alannah glancing down at my face. "It's nice to see you again, Milena." She greeted me with a small grin. I harmonized my smile with hers. It was truly wonderful that she was here with me again, it had been a year since I last saw her and this summer, I was reunited with her and wished to have an endless celestial summer. "It's good to see you too Alannah, I can't wait to see what this summer has in store for us." My smile grew as her hand grazed mine. "I'll talk to you in the morning, sleep well." We shared a smile and she parted from the room, inflowing to the living room to sleep tonight.

- 3 days later-

The sun had sliced and bled gold and orange embers upon the horizon, the turquoise waves illuminated beneath them, casting a warm glow that burned the land with light. We breathed the salted air in and out of our bodies while we watched the woods caramelize in our eyes.

"These sunsets feel more meaningful in Florida, I do love the ones I see back home but I can't look away from this light." Alannah sighed. "I couldn't either if I were you, but I am fond of this sunset and the ones I get to see now and then. What is making you feel this way?" I sensed that something was feeling nostalgic to Alannah and that she was feeling homesick, yet some meanings were being implied under her breath. She couldn't cover the hopes that ran in her mind. "Although I'm with you and our family, I would've hoped that I had a lover that was holding my hand right now, and that would lend me his shoulder as the sun went down; thinking that I was more beautiful than the sun and the moon. This scenery is one that I could see in my dreams and my heart is broken at the thought that I couldn't share a romantic scene with someone who loved me. Does this vision sound familiar to you?" Alannah's words had crushed me, she didn't mean to hurt me but we both had walked on the same paths and this realization left my heart lodged in my throat. "I dream of this life every chance that I get, and I feel crazy about it." I lowered my head to the ground as Alannah processed my answer, I fiddled with the rubber band on my wrist. "Why would you feel crazy? There's nothing wrong with wanting love, love isn't treating us the right way for now, but the truth is that love will come sooner at the right time, and we just have to be patient. Love is patient and we know that if it isn't, then it wasn't love and we don't want that." Her reassurance was the correct advice that I wanted and desired for, I wanted him above anything and nothing more. How could I tell her that though? Would she understand that I was seeing true love in him? "I have been liking this man for a year and I can't forget him, and I don't want to." Alannah laughed. "I'm worse, I liked mine for three years and I keep seeing him in the back of my mind. I can't let go so don't feel embarrassed, that's what falling in love is. He might've been the right person for you and was placed in the wrong time, what do you think?" "Yeah, he was the right person in my dreams and was placed wrongfully at this time of my life. I want him to be the right person, I will find him."

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star that somewhere you are
Thinking of me too

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room
Dreaming about you and me.

Wonder if you ever see me (see me)
And I wonder if you know I'm there (Am I there, am I?)
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside?
Would you even care?
I just wanna hold you close
But so far, all I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day (Wait for the day)
And the courage to say how much I love you
Yes, I do

I'll be dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow ('Til tomorrow)
I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere else I'd rather be
Than here in my room
Dreaming about you and me.