𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎- 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐳

May 2022

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I need all of you to listen to me, I have a huge announcement to make!" My English teacher began as she was riveting our attention to her lines

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I need all of you to listen to me, I have a huge announcement to make!" My English teacher began as she was riveting our attention to her lines. We concentrated at the display of a dance promotion. "Our school is hosting their annual spring fling, we are happy to announce that the theme this year is called, Moonlight. As you can see, tickets are going to be sold for twenty-five dollars. They will be sold in the cafeteria during lunch; You all have approximately two weeks to buy your tickets. After that, they will not be sold to you. Make sure to have fun and dress appropriately." The teacher concluded; a rush of melodrama crept through her smile. The preview cultivated the class with ecstasy. The news would devise canvases of satin, tulle, silk, and lace. Paradises modeling as hues in disguise. The final weeks disguised as a rouge. The hues would dim to black and white when no soul is dancing in their elegant forms. The final weeks purloining them from the supernatural venue they would disown. The souls within them drifting to their lonesome homes.

In my home, I talked to my dad about the dance. I was intrigued by the soiree; I went to one in my lifetime, and I pictured this being the last time. The last time I would take my friends by the arms and liaise in the shining light. I saw the lucent glow of my friends faces and their flickering smiles, the thoughts about the space were vain. I didn't want to say goodbye. Slipping on my dress wouldn't change the waves my friends would bid me as I deserted them for a dormant place. The dress would only age me. I didn't want to grow old if my youth wasn't with them forever. I wish their youth can grow with mine.

That same day I paid for the tickets during lunch at the cafeteria, where the seller handed me a bracelet to get in the evening of the dance. That afternoon I sat at my living room with my dad and depicted what I was going to wear for the spring fling. My grandparents were also present in the moment, we scrolled through designs and designs of dresses. I was heavily fervent on black schemes. I believed the moonlight theme of the dance and black enhanced together phenomenally. My thumb hovered on one specific dress. It was beautiful in my eyes, the long trail of it and the lace that covered the sleeves that trailed down. It had the style of an antihero. A princess and a villain combined. Aurora and Maleficent combined, fabricated by Cruella De Vil herself. The dress traced the vibe I wanted to give for the dance, and I selected it. My grandma's eyes widened with glee. " That dress is gorgeous Milli!" She exclaimed. "Alex come look at this!" She called for my dad. "It is pretty. Are you sure you want to go with this dress?" My dad asked. 'Yes." I said with a controlled smile. We went ahead and added the dress to the imaginary shopping cart online. There was room for discussing what jewelry I wanted to wear, which was a difficult discussion to have because I scarcely wore jewelry. Jewelry wasn't a part of my common aesthetic, and neither was accessories. I had to open my palette to an assortment of filters. Shimmering gold flashed on and off, I knew that it didn't suit the black dress I chose. Silver glimmered more and I considered it for just a minute before I suggested it to my dad, remembering the sliver chain I hid in my room. The idea crumbled just as my dad criticized this and remarked, "Wouldn't rose-gold look good on you?" I nodded lazily. Rose added a touch that the gold was lacking, I liked the way black, and pink matched and I chose their coloration for my aesthetic at the spring fling.