Chapter 3

I am in the main room.

The queen is sitting on the throne, glaring at me with her cat eyes, causing a shiver down my spine. 

She looks at me like I'm a threat, or her prey.

The guards are by the doors, by the windows, and practically everywhere.

The higher throne next to the queen is empty.

I'm sitting on a wooden chair again, just by the table.

All eyes are on me.

Worst part, it's quiet and I still don't know what I'm doing here.

If I keep quiet any longer, it's gonna become into a hour of silence growing Into days, worse, months.

I don't know these people.

I stand up. 

"I'm sorry, your majesty, I know you are the queen but I don't Know why I'm here and I need answers." I say, every word that comes out of my mouth only makes my voice weaker. 

Her glare doesn't budge, her face remains blank. 

"i have a family, I have school I have a life I shouldn't be here, you are mistaking me with someone else."

She narrows her eyes at me, and I want to take back all the words I've said, I should have

chose silence. 

Before the queen could have opened her mouth and curse my whole bloodline the one that I don't have, the same blonde woman I was with earlier walks in. 

Her face is pinched. She's looks like she just have swallowed a bucket of lemon juice , her hands a visibly shaking as she gives the queen a look of concern and fear. 

"Non sta mentendo" says blonde to the queen, I don't know Italian. 

The queen nods at her. 

With no hesitation, the servent is wasting to time to rush over to the queen, showing her a paper, rambling in rapid fire Italian. 

She point at different spaces of the picture fastly as tears of frustration forms her eyes. 

The queen doesn't say anything, her face is stoic. But there's a glimmer of shock and disbelief shinning in her eyes. 

She turns her gaze to the floor, looking like she's deep in thought. 

The she looks at me. 

“we need to talk” she has said, she kicked out everyone from the main room to talk to me seriously. 

But she has said the words “I am your mother” too casually. 

I shake my head and I stumble backwards, grabbing the edge of the table for support, my mind is in a foggy place, I can't see right, my vision is blurs, I look at the Queens, my mothers face. 

Which is coldly formed into a blank face, her face is like water, ripples. Suddenly it's too cold in here, too hot. 

No, no, no. 

I say in my mind but only to realise that I said it out loud. Her face shifts into disappointed and irritation. 

She slams a paper on the table with unnecessary force, I automatically look at it, forcing my tears back in my eyes and to stop spill, they just dance. 

I look at the paper, feelijmg the Queens gaze on me which is painful. 

It a DNA paper, turns out yes, me and this woman are connected, looks like her name is Maria govender, I only found that out now.