Chapter 4

“a princess isn't loud, sad, angry, spoiled, disrespectful or bubbly.” the Queen speaks, I mean my mother, it's not easy to see her as my mother just yet. Miss issabella, the assistant is proudly standing next to the queen. 

We are in the training room, this training room is nothing compared to the training room you're thinking of right now. 

No treadmills. 

No dumbells. 

No punching bags. 

This room is around 20 metres long and 10 metres wide, it is not an average room and definitely not a average training room. 

The floor is covered in smooth, cold, teal marble with smokey white detail. 

The room is mainly filled with vintage floral wardrobes. 

So a princess can't be happy nor sad nor anything. 

“a princess shall be mannered and never mean.”

Issabella walks around me, studying me. 

“she's gorgeous, she's beautiful and she's well taken care off, so we don't need to work on her outside as much as we need to work on her inside education.” she says proudly, and I'm amazed by her kindness. My cheeks go pink, before I could thank her, the queen, cuts me off. 

She clears her throat. 

“indeed. But… work on her style after you taught her about the royalty in Italy. Remember issabella, I want her prepared, educated, and polished all In one week.”

My breath catches in my throat. 

Issabella’s proud act fades and she stutters, she's frustrated, and concerned. She nods multiple times. 

“y-yes, your majesty.” she bows. 

“good. You shall not bother me unless someone from the palace dies. May the lord be with you” she turns and she walks out, closing the door and goes to God knows where. 

This is going to be a long trip. 

“Morana take a seat darling.” she says, not facing me, she's focusing on dragging a huge crimson dusted box, but it looks too heavy, I frown. 

I go next to her and pull the box with her, she didn't even notice me being there but when she did she gasped. 

“no no God forbid me for allowing you to do this! Princess, please do not put your hands on such heavy and dirty box.” she says, a frown on her face as she looks at me and shakes her head. 

I laugh and shake my head. 

“a princess shall be mannered and should help, let me help you.” it wasn't a request, I pulled the box all the way t our table before she could open her mouth. 

She sighs heavily and sits down. 

“well aren't you a warrior.” she says, putting on her thin glasses and opens the box, dust comes out and she begins to cough, I wave the dust out of my face and I force myself to not say ‘damn’. 

She swiftly presses down the old pictures of what looks like kings, queens, children and again and again. 

“this is the first king of Italy, Victor emmanuel then the first queen of Italy is margarita de soyla”

She says, and then she moved into the second kings, but unfortunately they were dead. We went over the queen and kings of Italy that were still alive. 

Turns out there's many queen and kings of Italy, not just one from the whole country, but a king or queen to every city. 

Queen on Rome, my mother, Maria govender.