Chapter 6

it's the day they announce, that the princess is found and there's a new princess in Rome. 

I spent a week only training, I'm ready for this but anxiety is a clingy emotion. My body is sore from all the obstacles I trained with. My sword skills has increased pretty well and I've seen the glimmer of proudness in the queens, my mothers eyes. 

They picked out a maroon dress for me, it's the prettiest dress I ever seen, you don't see these in England often. It's dark red and flowy, the sleeves are puffy, and on my back, there's a corset model to tie the dress and make it fit. It's beautiful, it's a princess dress. 

I have seen the tiara I'm going to be wearing for the first time, the one that belonged to me for 17 years but I never wore. It's breathtaking, it had rubbies on it. I didn't even touch it yet, it's in a glass, protected, and it will only be on my head when they announce the news. There's a blood curling feeling about this. I'm a damn princess. As much as I want to ask for money so I can buy my self 100 books, I won't, that's too wrong, too desperate and greedy. 

Issabella is fixing my hair. She's braidimg it in an crown style. Im sitting on a soft stool just by my vanity, looking myself in the mirror ever minute and I see Issabella’s focusing on my hair. She's a nice lady, she's only a little cold cause she's trying to make the queen proud, she can be really, really nice. She isn't harsh with me, she doesn't tug on my hair as she's working she's so gentle with me. She stops to asks me if she's hurting me every 5 minutes, my heart melts. 

“are you exited to meet your siblings?” she says softly. My siblings. I nearly forgot about them. Fabrizo is my oldest brother, makijng him 25. Then my second oldest sister is Chiara. And my youngest sister is morgana, who is only 3 years older than me. I thrilled to find out what they look like, and how their personalities are, Im hoping they are kind to me, I'm hoping they are happy to see me. It would be a dark nightmare if they are rude to me. 

“yes, i am.” I say truthfully. “you know.. Morgana looks alot like you.” I stiffen. “does she? “

She nods. 

§

I'm standing in between the Queens throne and the kings throne, my mothers and my father's but my father isn't here anymore. Fabrizo is behind me standing in front of the throne that belonged to my father, and maria is standing in front of her throne, they are not sitting on it, just standing. I'm one step ahead but in the middle, I didn't see how my brother looks like yet because he's behind me on my left side. The audience is big, I see dresses, I see jewels, I see royalty. Issabela is doing the speech for the queen, explainimg everything, how I got lost, how I got found and how I was living while I was lost. She didn't say that I'm the new princess of Rome yet. Everyone is in bright coloured clothes, pink, white, yellow, blue. Expect one man that just walked in, he is  clothed in a black suit. His skin is so pale that it stand out in the crowd, and his hair is dark as a raven and a jawline that could cut through a girls heart. Damien Russi, The Prince of Venice. Following by his two younger brothers who are wearing dark red suits, so dark that it looks black. Looks like they came earlier than their father did, because right now king Luciano is coming in too, with his wife camila and his youngest daughter Alessia. Everyone bow for him when he enters, he comes on front, watching us, watching me. I'm forcing myself to keep my head up high and breathe, but it's suffocating when I have thousands of eyes on me. That Prince is only making it harder for me, with that dark look he's giving me, my heart is speeding. 

“and suddenly our princess is back home, today the city of Rome has gained a new princess, the lost princess, Morana Larson. Daughter of valerian and Maria.” says, isabella as she's opening the glass to get my tiara, she gently picks it up and places it on top of my head. The silent weight of the tiara on my head makes me consume a feeling a I never did, I can't even name it. The audience start applauding and cheering my name like a melody. Then they stop wheen king Luciano steps forward infront of me, the audience fell quiet when he held up a hand. He turns his gaze back to me. His dark brown eyes, glorious and powerful. “I have promised queen Maria that I will gift princess morana this amulet.” he opens a velvet box to reveal an garnet amulet, dark red stone. A small gasp catches up in my throat, it's beautiful. 

“this amulet was worn by a strong, wise, and powerful woman, my grandmother. It is my honour to gift princess morana this piece. Please, let me.” he reaches to my neck and clams the necklace around my neck. He backs away and inch and smiles at me. “please never take it off, sweet child.” I nod and smile brightly, I'm definitely bright red. I won't take this necklace off ever, not when I just heard that this is a heirloom from his grandmother. I never been more grateful. “thank you, my king.” I take his hand and kiss his hand before I press it to my forehead, I can feel his smile on me. We break apart, I'm still smiling. 

§