Chapter 10

They gave me new clothes. 

These heavy leather pants are tight, but not too tight, it's bearable. I'm also wearing a tight leather jacket, zipped up all the way up, it's like a suit, but it's the training clothes, which sounds ridiculous, training in leather. But it's traditional and it's actually easy to move in, they are flexible. There's also a long cape with a hud which is also from lather but I'm not wearing it until I'm fully trained like the others. Damien is wearing the same clothes, but not his cape, cause he's training me. 

“tell me what you would do if someone punched you in the face?” he says, as he fixes his leather glove on his hand. What would I do? I would dodge. Did I ever dodge a punch? No. Did  someone tried to punch me? No. So I'll say that I have no experience, yet. “I'll dodge.” I hate how quiet I am so suddenly, he rises his head to look at me, his face is serious, no arrogance. “no you won't.” he let's his hands fall to his sides. “come and try and punch me” he says so casually, and I actually do want to punch him since his recent callous behaviour, but will that be smart? No. He would crash my skull. “are you-” I stammer, amd he cuts me off. “come on already it's not like you will succeed to punch me.” his voice slightly rises, and he's trying hard not to roll his eyes or scoff. I take a tight breath and step forward, I curl my fist and proceed to punch him, he grabs my wrist and holds it up in the air then he quickly presses the back of his knife to my ribcage. A gasp roses in my throat. That was too fast, faster that I could blink.

“did you see that, princess?” I can't speak yet, I nod. He's tovering over me, holding my wrist in his hand, holding it upwards, and the back of his knife is pressed on my rib, his eyes are insane, so dark, so blue. A deep lost ocean ,his skin is as pale as the rainy clouds on a stormy night, his face structure is incredibly sharp, and his hair on his forehead as black as a raven, I can't lie that the spoiled Prince is gorgeous. I feel his breath on my neck. I hate him. 

“you better, now I want you to do that to me.” he drops my wrist and gives me his dagger. I take step back and wait for him to strike a punch. He curls his first, and gets I to his stance he puts his elbow in and throws a punch in my direction in slow motion for my sake. I grab his wrist and hold it upwards, then I press the back of the dagger to his rib. His face darkens in annoyance “no. Your too far, your too slow” he takes his wrist out of my grip and pulls me close to him, our bodies now pressed together, oh god help me. My breaths are already heavy, and so are his. He leans his head down to look at me, his eyes are narrowed and dangerous, brows furrowed. “you need to be closer when you go through the ribs, or they will strike your pretty face and you black out. And faster, you need to be faster, we will focus on your speed.” he speaks harshly, firmly. 
He pushes my shoulder a little and backs away.

"again." he says, bringing his fist up again.

I catch his wrist and hold it up, I get closer and press the back of the knife to his rib, I nearly put the wrong side and stabbed him, but I didn't. He stops, his face is blank. His eyes won't leave mine, his chest is heaving, and so is mine.

"that good. But could have done better."

He backs away, and he sits down on a stool, taking off his training shoes and switches them with his polished Italian shoes.
the crow won't stop singing or whatever it's doing.
"make him shut up please" he says, not looking at me, I managed to shut up maul.

§