8.

Cindy's P.O.V:

I take a deep breath to calm myself down from the shock. I can't let my guard down even if she knows about my secret.

"That's cool. I get that a lot. Anyway, before lunch ends, I better buy my lunch. See you around!" I give her a quick wave and rush off to the line-up for food to avoid further questions.

--AFTER SCHOOL--

I grab my science textbook from my locker and shove it in my bag. I lock my locker and make my way outside while massaging my shoulders. Aish. My bag is so heavy! Suddenly someone grabs my bag from behind and ruffles my hair. Is it Kyungsoo? Nah. He's still upset at me.

I turn around to see Minwoo with a grin on his face. He swings my bag over his right shoulder with his own bag on his left and walks next to me silently.

"It's alright, I can carry my own bag." I yank the handle of my bag from his shoulder but he stops me.

"It's too heavy for you so I'll carry your bag today. This is the least I can do for you since you're doing me a huge favour. Let's go eat some ice cream!" He nods his head towards his newly fixed car.

"Oh your car is fixed!" I state the obvious. Wow I'm getting lamer by the day. Ahh I can never say the right things when I'm with him.

"Which means I can drive my girlfriend anywhere!" He smiles. Girlfriend? Him saying the word meets me blush. After putting our bags at the back seat, we hop in and drive away from school.

Minwoo drives silently without glancing at me. An awkward silence lasts for a few minutes until..

"Minwoo," I call.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry for everything. For ending your relationship with Chorong and for causing you trouble. You both like each other a lot and I just had to ruin it by blurting out my 'relationship' with you in front of millions of people."

"I don't deserve to be with a handsome and smart guy like you in my life." I cover my mouth quickly. Did I just say that last part out loud?!

He lets out a small laugh. "Don't sweat about it. If it was really meant to be, then Chorong and I wouldn't have broke up." He grabs my hand with his right hand, using his left hand to drive.
My heart skips a beat. He looks at me in the eye for a second then turns to look at the road.

"You have no idea how happy I am to have you as a girlfriend, real or not by my side. I can't even imagine how I would be feeling if I had to end up with some rich girl that my mom introduced me to. And what do you mean you don't deserve to be with someone like me? You're thoughtful, caring, and a really beautiful girl alright? Stop putting yourself down. Life is so beautiful in many ways, so you do deserve to be with me." He smiles.

Life is so beautiful in many ways...

This phrase was how Minwoo stopped me from killing myself. Before I knew it, tears fell from eyes. That was the most touching thing anyone has ever said to me.

The car parks in front of Baskin Robbins.

"We're here-" Minwoo turns to me after parking the car and realizes I've been crying. He wipes away my tears with a finger and pulls me into his arms. With my head on his chest, I can hear his fast heartbeat.

"Oh, Cindy. What am I going to do with you, you crybaby! But it's okay. I'm a crybaby too so I understand you. Let it all out alright? You can borrow my shoulder to cry on anytime." He says softly at my ear.