Author's Note | Prologue

This story, although associated with Harry Potter (I don't own the story or characters whatsoever), will not play a part with the canon universe of the books or movies. This story is indeed a fanfiction where Lily and Severus had a friendship/relationship that wasn't severed due to that day at Hogwarts when Severus called Lily a mudblood (in this "universe", although The Marauders and Severus still don't get along whatsoever, that moment never occured - it's my fanfiction, it's how I made this story made sense). Another thing about this fanfiction/non-canon storyline is that all children of deatheaters automatically get the "dark mark" at the age of fifteen. No matter what. I know it's not exactly how it went down in the books, but I just felt like it'd be the perfect way for Voldemort to keep growing his army... because obviously why would the villain rely on getting people to join him when he can simply use a little trick of his wand and automatically get the children of his followers to immediately be a part of his alliance. Plus, this theory fits so well to why he always had the same families in his pocket and I kind of don't hate this "headcanon/theory" at all.

__

Straight after leaving Hogwarts, Lily Evans married James Potter at just eighteen years old. The marriage was everything she had hoped. She had met the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with; James was truly her soulmate. Her closest friendship after those Hogwarts days was with Remus Lupin. Her husband was still closest with Sirius Black, but she always found a safety net with Remus. There was just something about him that helped her feel safe and secure. Like she could rely on him for anything she needed.

Her old friend Severus and her were still friends, not as close as they were before they've been accepted to Hogwarts- mostly due to her marrying his worst enemy. But she still chose to remain close to him. He was the first friend she made who helped show her that being magical was not abnormal. Lily Evans was the level of calm Severus needed; the person he needed in order to keep a sane head. Even if he never told Lily what exactly he got himself into, or who he got himself involved with, after leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Two years after her marriage to James Potter, Lily gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Naming Sirius as the Godfather, her baby boy Harry was all she could ever hope for. He resembled his father in every which way; something that made Lily smile any time she looked at her son. Boy, did James know it too. Cracking jokes with Sirius about how he was such the expert at bringing carbon copies into the world. Lily couldn't imagine a better family to have than the one she found herself apart of with them.

But perfect doesn't last forever. James and Lily weren't always so perfect. They'd fight. They'd argue. Nothing bad. Little ones. Minor. Very minor. Usually, Lily would just go cool off at Remus' house with Harry while Sirius would help calm her husband back down. A schedule the Marauders began to master very quick. But one of the nights that her and James got into a fight, there was a full moon- leaving Lily unable to visit Remus due to his own personal issues he hardly ever talks about with most (for the safety of herself, she found herself going to Severus' place instead). They talked. She updated him on how her life had been going. Informed him of her baby boy. She found herself venting. Getting close. Using his shoulder to cry on.

Flash forward to nine months later, she had given birth to a baby girl. As Harry had looked just like his father, with her own eyes; Her baby girl looked much like her own father, with the exception of her having her mother's eyes. Even if she wanted to deny the father of her little girl, the jet black hair and pale complexion of her skin was a dead giveaway to exactly who's DNA she shared. James never realized it, though- to which Lily decided was a sign that she mustn't say a word. She was going to plan on raising her son and daughter together, and there was nothing better than James to be the father. Although even if James and Sirius never fully caught on to whom little Melody looked like, Remus was too smart to be fooled. Despite the multiple attempts of denial, Lily just told him- making him promise to keep things quiet before promoting him to her Godfather.

Three months after Melody was born, tragedy and betrayal struck. Although it seemed Lily and James were successful in hiding and keeping their family safe, someone in their closeknit center of friends tipped off The Dark Lord- which ended in their demise. A knock at the door. James getting off the couch to open it. Telling Lily that it was probably Sirius, as he was usually the one who came over at that hour. Immediately being blasted with an Avada Kedavra after one of his best friends being one of the last people he was to see, the action happening so quickly he was unable to warn his family beforehand. The Dark Lord slowly moving up the stairs. Entering the nursery of the baby he assumed would cost him his life. There she stood. Lily. Quickly putting Harry down in the crib next to his younger sister of three months, before screaming out, "Don't harm them! Don't harm them! Take me! Take me instead!" Both Harry and Melody sat in their crib, staring... watching, as the events unfolded quickly. Avada Kedavra. A blast of green light. Their mother becoming limp and falling to the ground, all life leaving her eyes at once. She was looking towards her babies. Her hand reaching up as if she tried to hold them one last time before. The man came closer to the crib, holding out his wand. Avada Kedavra. A blast of green light. Except, unlike what happened to both Lily and James, the spell rebounded almost like a miracle. Almost as if something was blocking the children from Voldemort's wrath. The Dark Lord faded away quickly and there sat the babies in their crib. Harry with a lightning bolt scar on his forehead and Melody with what looked like a small S scar on her own forehead (almost resembling that of a poorly drawn snake).

An hour passed before another man entered the house. Entering the nursery, he immediately clutched the door frame before falling to his knees and cradling Lily's lifeless body in his arms. Rocking back and forth, as if he and her were the only ones in the room. But as soon as he came back to the reality of what's happened, he turned to the two babies in the crib. A boy resembling that of James Potter and a girl... resembling that of himself. Without thinking he scooped the little girl up in his arms and left the house.

When Hagrid came to pick up the babies from the house, per Dumbledore's request, Sirius Black had informed him that only one child was left behind. Confused, they tried to find the body of the baby girl- just three months old, they both had hoped Voldemort wasn't successful in his endeavor. A small part of both of them just prayed that maybe she was taken to be under his close eye... even if it didn't make sense why he wouldn't have just taken both babies. Lending his motorbike to Hagrid, Sirius kissed Harry's forehead goodbye... watching as they both left the wreckage of what used to be the house of his best friends.

For eleven years, Severus was successful in raising his daughter. Mostly isolated from everything and everyone, she had some socialization with The Malfoy's son- as Severus was close with Narcissa and Lucius, being they were the two who he grew the most comfortable with during his days at Hogwarts. They were older, but never failed to keep him feeling safe and comfortable during his school days. Although, as his daughter's eleventh birthday was creeping up, Severus knew he needed to tell Dumbledore about her. Get him to help protect her because obviously he knew she'd be receiving her letter soon. Why wouldn't she? She already showed a great love of Potions, had already made several accidental magical moments, and her mother was an exceptional witch.

His daughter's destiny was already written in the stars, and there was absolutely nothing he could do that would stop her from that destiny.