C8 - Twin Tellings

Song ~ Space Song - Beach House

Summary ~ Thomas informs his twin sister on something that she never noticed was always there.

I finally had a sense of hope. I was ecstatic that I met my brother. I was also looking forward to the bonfire tonight, I wanted to get to know my brother more. Well, I guess he doesn't really know a lot about himself yet, but maybe we can find out together. He already seems friendly. I had a smile that was practically glued to my face. It was about an hour after talking to Thomas, and I was back to working with Newt.

Newt and I were pulling weeds together, just like we were before Thomas came up in the box. "You seem like you're in a good mood?" Newt started, and I looked up towards him, a smile still plastered on my face while there was a smirk on his. "I guess I am" I chuckled back, "I just can't believe I already found my twin so fast. It gives me a sense of hope." "I have a good feeling about him." Newt added, as I tilted my head in confusion, "I don't know why, I just do, he seems so... curious." Newt and I looked towards the east walls where Thomas and Chuck were.

They seemed to be talking until Thomas started walking closer and closer to the opening. The sun was going to disappear over the horizon soon, meaning it the walls were going to close any second. I faintly heard Chuck's warning to Thomas to not get so close. Thomas's curiosity took over as he kept inching towards the maze. Newt and I gave each other a worried look and got up and started to walk over towards the two. Gally seemed to beat us there as he forcefully shoved Thomas to the floor, a little too harshly. This is when me and Newt started to sprint towards the group, as did many other bystanders. We couldn't hear to well, but after Thomas abruptly stood up we saw Gally and Thomas verbally going back and forth.

We approached the walls just and listened to the quarrel going on. "What the hell is wrong with you guys?!" Thomas shouted and was now facing us and the rest of the Gladers surrounding him. "Just calm down, alright?" Newt said, nicely trying to control the situation. I gave Thomas an apologetic look. I felt bad for him, not only was he my brother but he was just curious and doesn't really know anything. Gally didn't have to be so harsh, Thomas is probably terrified. "No," Thomas said, clearly becoming frustrated about all the secrets within the Glade, "why can't you tell me what's out there?" Alby now slowly approached Thomas, "We're just trying to protect you man." Newt continued, "It's for your own good." "You guys can't just keep me here!" Thomas fought back. I bit my lip at all the tension, nervous for what was going to play out next. "We can't let you leave." Alby stated. "Why not?!" Thomas angrily questioned. Just on queue, the walls began to close for the night.

Thomas slowly turned his head back around and watched in astonishment as the walls were beginning to move. He began to back away slowly, shocked on how this was even possible that the hundred foot concrete walls were moving, trapping whatever mystery laying back there for the night. The walls finally closed after a few seconds. "Next time," Gally began, "I'm gonna let ya leave." Gally said walking away from the crowd. "Gally!" I caught up with him, "You didn't have to be so rude to him you know?" "The shank would've died out there, I did him a favor." Gally said, he had an angry look on his face and he just looked straight ahead, avoiding any eye contact with me. I continued walking next to him, "but you didn't have to be so harsh, he's scared out of his mind already and he's just curious." Gally stopped and turned at me, "I don't think being nice and dandy to that shuckface would've stopped him from doing anything. He's gotta learn the rules one way or another. And I've seen him in the changing, and I don't trust him." I frowned. That was my brother. I guess Gally was right in a way, but what does that mean? How did Gally see him in the changing? Thomas seemed nice and he hasn't even been here a full day. We can't judge him so intensely yet when we barely know anything about him.

I don't know how to explain all that to Gally and it was just silent between us. Gally sighed then started up again, "Look I'm sorry y/n I didn't mean to be rude to either you or Thomas," He put a hand on my shoulder, "rumor has it you're related, but I got a bad feeling 'bout him." I just faked a toothless smile at him as he walked away. I watched as he did so, while I went back to my own thoughts. I had a new queasy feeling about Thomas.