4. Michele Morrone

Chapter 11- Mistress(18+) is now available on scroll stack

---->Mature content

-----> 2500+ words

AUTHOR'S POV

"Didu, this is my doll" 10-year-old Siya whined taking away the doll from her elder sister's hold which their father bought 1 day ago

"Siyu, you tore her dress. I am just sewing it" 13-year-old Nain smiled showing the needle and thread in her hand.

Siya smiled sheepishly and sat on her Didu'd lap. Nain stumbled on the swing on which she was sitting but held her sister securely with a smile.

Their happy moments seemed to fade away in the air; all she could hear were screams.

"Sitara run!" Nain cried from inside the house.

"No" Siya shook her head sobbing.

"Please Siyu run" Nain pleaded as small ragged gasps escaped her throat with all the smoke around.

Slowly her vision started becoming blurry and all she could see was an infinite stretch of darkness.

Her eyes snap open. Cold sweat was dripping down her forehead. Her heart was pounding loud against her rib cage and her body was trembling with the haunted memories of her once beautiful past.

It was almost the time of dawn and she could hear birds chirping.

She rubbed her head and eyes to get fully awakened.

She stumbled to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

She got ready wearing a Kurta and jeans, her everyday go-to outfit. The only difference was today she wore a new kurta and styled her waist-length hair into a French braid instead of making a bun.

Today's reason for her extra efforts in getting ready is someone special, someone, very special.

After many years she felt genuinely happy, she felt that making efforts to look good might be worth it because earlier she had no reason to do so.

She entered the Rajput Mahal and the abode was as usual busy with servants running here and there.

She smiled seeing Gayatri who was sitting on the head chair of the dining table reading a newspaper.

Her having breakfast in the Rajput Mahal was a constant thing as per Gayatri's order. Although Nain feels out of place most of the time coming here she still comes just for Gayatri. Now, she has one more reason to.

Her eyes searched for her Rana sa but he was nowhere in sight so she moved to Gayatri with a craving heart.

Gayatri smiled as soon she saw her and motioned her to sit beside her.