14. Are you blushing?

Chapter 15 is available on scrollstack

AUTHOR'S POV

"Apne usko tod diya, Rana sa" Nain said as her voice trembled slightly

(You plucked it, Rana sa)

"Kisko" he furrowed his brows.

(What?)

"Humara gulab" she looked into his eyes accusingly, pointing towards the rose in his hand.

(My Rose)

His eyes widen in guilt as regret etches on his face.

"I am really sorry" He placed the things on the table and moved forward to hold her.

"I was watering it for so many months and when finally, it was blooming, apne use tod diya" she moved past him and sat on the chair taking the rose in her hand.

(You plucked it)

She gently caressed it remembering all the days she watered it and talked to it like a real human being, waiting for it to bloom.

"I am really sorry, Nain" he pleased sitting on his knee in front of him.

"I just wanted to get it for you" he said feeling guilty for making her sad.

"Rana sa, it was happy when it was with the plants, now it will die in a few days" she replied still caressing the rose.

He looked at the rose, unable to meet her gaze.

She looked at him, he was guilty, really guilty.

"It's okay, just remember it the next time" She smiled holding his hand.

She stood up and made him walk with her to the kitchen.

"Fill it with water" she smiled and handed him a vase.

He did as instructed and then she lovingly placed the rose in it.

"You look cute when you are guilty" she chuckled pulling his cheek.

"But I am sorry" he apologized holding her hands.

"It's okay, Rana sa" she assured him with her eyes.

Suddenly he remembered something.

"I have something for you" he exclaimed pulling her out of the kitchen.

She chuckled.

Who would believe that he is the same Eklavya Singh Rajput, who behaves like a stone with the world?

He took the package and handed it to her, her eyes sparkling with curiosity as she saw the anticipation written on his face.

She carefully unwraps the package, her eyes widening in wonder as she reveals the exquisite saree nestled within.