9. Boiled Vegetables

Chapter 10,11,12 available on scrollstack

AUTHOR'S POV

In the midst of a moonlit night, the garden was transformed into a realm of ethereal beauty

In the midst of a moonlit night, the garden was transformed into a realm of ethereal beauty. Nain twirled gracefully amidst the flowers, her feet barely touching the ground as she lost herself in the dance. The stars above seemed to dance with her, their shimmering light reflecting the radiance in her eyes.

Unbeknownst to Nain, Eklavya had been drawn to the enchanting melody of her dance. He moved silently through the garden, captivated by her every movement. As he stepped closer, his heart quickened, mesmerized by the effortless elegance she exuded.

Lost in the throes of her own world, Nain continued to sway to the rhythm of her heart. Her dress floated around her like a cascade of petals, adding to the enchantment of the scene.

As if guided by some unseen force, their steps converged. In the moonlit haze, Nain and Eklavya collided, and for a moment, the world stood still. But before Nain could lose her balance and fall, Eklavya's strong arms wrapped around her, holding her steady.

Startled, Nain looked up, her eyes meeting Eklavya's for the first time. In that instant, it felt as if time had suspended, and all that remained were the soft echoes of their heartbeats.

"I'm so sorry," Nain murmured, her cheeks flushing with a mixture of embarrassment and surprise.

"It's alright. " Eklavya reassured with a gentle smile, his voice as soothing as a summer breeze.

As they stood there, her hand still resting on his arm, Nain felt a strange warmth spreading through her. Just as she realized their positions, she moved away looking down at the grass.

"I didn't mean to intrude," Eklavya said, trying to conceal the admiration in his eyes.

"No, not at all" Nain replied, shaking her head.

"You had your dinner?" he asked.

She shook her head in no.

"Can I join you?" He asked again.

She looked at him, widening her eyes.

"I hate eating those boiled vegetables" he answered her unasked question.

He surely loves his boiled vegetables, but he loves someone else more.

"Please come inside" She smiled opening her dupatta from around her waist. What can be more comforting than having someone to eat with you after eating alone all these years...

...

"Umm....I only made fried rice today" she whispered serving the fried rice on his plate.

"It's fine" he smiled eating his first bite.