Chapter 8

Bonnie

After taking a shower, Vicki and I sat on the bed in my room in bathrobes with towels on our heads as we discussed tonight's events and sipped on some wine that Reaper brought up for us. I was beginning to think the stone faced, silent yet deadly grunting giant may have a soft side after all. For someone to be the way he was, he had to have a very dark past. Still, people with inner demons needed love too. I had a feeling he'd get it soon enough.

"I'm so sorry I got you into this Vee." I said shaking my head.

"You didn't get me into anything. You're my best friend, what happens to you happens to me."

"How's your neck?" I asked looking at her bandaged neck.

"Better. That Reaper guy fixed me up." She said and I could see a hint of a blush on her cheeks.

I raised an eyebrow. "Did he?"

"Yeah, didn't say much but was pretty damned adamant about getting me patched up. He's a character. Dark, brooding—"

"Not to mention devastating good looking." I pitched in.

"Ugh, don't get me started." She said closing her eyes and shaking her head. "When he picked me up and carried me, I almost fainted." She whispered. "He's so strong and muscular... and intimidating, I actually get tongue tied trying to talk to him. You know what I mean?" she asked and I raised my eyebrow at her. "Right, of course you do."

"Think he may be your Khal Drogo?"

"He certainly has the traits... I don't know. He's hard to read."

"Mm, I know what you mean." I said and began to sigh loudly. "I just can't believe all this shit is happening."

"Money makes people do the shittiest things." Vicki sighed, pouring us some more wine. "Speaking of money." She whispered. "It wasn't safe where I moved it to so I moved it to a place that was airtight."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean like a vault?"

She shook her head. "No, but as secure as that. Don't worry."

I nodded. "I know it's like over twenty G's—"

"Two hundred and thirty five G's to be exact. I counted...what, I couldn't help it."

I shook my head. "Something tells me that amount of money came with a terrible cost."

"Are you going to tell Alexander about it?"

I shrugged. "I'm thinking about it."

"I think you should, he's proved to me that he wants to protect you as much as I do, and who knows... maybe he can get to the bottom of this whole thing. Get these bastards off of you once and for all."

I nodded in agreement. "You're right. I just don't want him to feel like I'm using him."

"Just talk to him about it. And give him some already." She said pushing me.

"Oh my God Vee." I said slapping her thigh.

"What, you want to jump his bones don't you?"

"Of course. Who wouldn't?." I confessed.

"Ah ha! Finally, we're getting somewhere. So what's stopping you?"

"Lots of things. He'll notice how inexperienced I am."

"He'll thank his lucky stars, trust me. That's very rare, plus you've never had an actual orgasm in your life. You're practically a virgin. What else?"

"He'll think I'm easy." I said and she laughed loudly.