CHAPTER 19 - THE NOCTURNAL REUNION

I was happy for the great number of pillows on my bed.

Link and I laid against them. Our bodies were sore from expelling many tears... and so much more. Who knew that we both bore so much inside of us... Me particularly. And that led me to hurt him. I broke his heart, spat on his feelings, and most of all, I... I almost raped him. Dear Goddesses in heaven... What was wrong with me...

"I have to make this right..." I expelled from my lips, breaking the silence of the night.

He turned to me. "What do you mean?"

"I'm going to see Master Impa." I got up and started walking toward the door. "I'm going to let her know that I assaulted you. I'm not worthy to be your appointed knight, nor to serve and defend the kingdom anymore. Justice must be done!"

"You will do no such thing!" Link got up in haste to stop me.

"I must!" I told him desperately. "I have to make this right!"

"Lady Zelda of House Naboris," he held me by my shoulders at his serious gaze. "I, Prince Link Fortem Unum Hyrule, first of my name and heir to the throne of Hyrule, hereby forgive you on this moment of all transgressions done at my person, and request that you continue your work as a knight and a Sheikah Blade for the betterment of the kingdom and its citizens."

I paused at his formal forgiveness. As a prince, his word was law and couldn't be overpassed, save by the queen of course. I nodded in defeat. I wasn't satisfied, feeling that I've gotten my traitorous actions pardoned too easily. Similarly, like Ravio...

"Still... I feel this is too easy and unfair..." My eyes lowered.

"Then act, instead of simply surrendering!" He sounded irritated. "Take responsibilities for your actions!"

"S-Sorry...!" I whimpered.

"No, I-I'm sorry!" he quickly replied with guilt. "I didn't mean to sound harsh. I—"

I waved my head, determined. "No! You're right! I have to act and take responsibilities for my actions!"

I took a deep breath to clear my mind and recollect myself. I asserted myself, ready to do what must be done. I owed him that.

"Let me." I pulled the ripped shirt off from him and threw it in the first place. The fire roared, as if it was happy to get a good meal. I took his hand and led him back to the bed.

"Zelda?" He called me, clueless. I made sure he was laid down.

"Please stay here." I told him. "I won't be long."

"O-Okay." He nodded as he saw me disappeared through a door to the corner of my chambers.

***

I got out of the private room in my chambers.

"Zelda?" He called me, seeing my silhouette in the shadows. "Are you well?"

"I am..." I said timidly.

I walked to him. When the moonlight dawned onto me, his sight widened exponentially at my figure. His face rose an intense shade of crimson.

I arrived next to the bed. I held my hands in front of my chest as I couldn't meet his hypnotized eyes. I felt a great heat embedding my face. I had my upper braids untied, making two locks of hair falling on the sides of my face. The only clothing that I bore was an emerald-colored piece of undergarment that smoothly kissed my skin, and a short-sleeved white shirt lined with delicate buttons in its front. The clothing was made of very thin silk. In other words, the fabric was... very transparent.