Likes and bites

Just another normal morning, in a normal city where normal people live, but in the M.W. or otherwise known as Milky Way City nothing was that normal.

× × ×

"..and then Napoleon retreaded and probably died-.." Arizona picked up a sleeping Rhode Island from the little bean bag located in the library.

He carried him all the way to his shared room with four different states, Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine, Arizona knocked three times and just decided to open the door, inside were just the same old view, someone collecting quarters, a girl who was reading, another who was sleeping and then there was Vermont who was just looking out the window, where might the rest of the states be?

× × ×

"Hey Tex you sure you know where it is?" Asked a light blue state as his brown wings folded protectively around his own body. "Yeah I'm sure, but just stay close okay? This part of the woods ain't a pretty place." He said.

Once arriving at the dark burned down cabin, the dusty truck was still there, wheels planted in the snow, the color red was now replaced with specks of rust and black.

"It doesn't trigger you to come to this part of the woods?" Asked Oklahoma as his feathers scrunched up, he looked down where he had stepped since he had hear a crunch.

Glass..he thought, carefully trying to stay close to his brother who seemed to know his way around, after a while, the coldness Oklahoma was feeling was replaced with a warm temperature, he looked at his older brother and saw that he was slightly glowing the more he got to the truck.

Perplexed he looked confused as he looked back, melted footsteps and burned leaves and glass were on the snow, his brother who was inside the cabin walked carefully around the tight space. He eventually found some not-so-burned keys that probably had belonged to Confederate, he picked them up and ran outside glowing brighter than before.

"Okie I found the keys!" He said running towards his brother who was shivering in his spot, "keys for what?" He asked as his wings once more curled around his body. The Texan gave his usual "This is a bad idea grin but I'm dragging you with me" as he jumped inside the car and turned on the engine, it roared from the unused power in so long, the lights flickered and the wheels moved out of place as Texas pushed the accelerator slightly.

"Hop on, we ain't got all day for this!" Oklahoma jumped into the seat next to his brother as he followed a narrow path that Confederate has created once to drive here.

Eventually they were on the highway, the drive and driver were a little rookie but eventually they met their destination in 30 minutes, they arrived to a cliff, the Texan parked the car and Oklahoma stepped out of the car, it was warmer here than their own home.

"Hey Tex what are we doing here?" Asked Oklahoma, his wings shook rapidly to let some adrenaline out, " I thought we'd ought to have some fun aye?" Said Texas as he took off his jacked, not much was seen but Oklahoma noticed two spots on Texas's back that appeared like tore off wings.

"Hey Tex? Do you have wings?" This time, the Texan didn't respond right away but in a second the torn looking wings began moving around and suddenly a pair of brown wings emerged from the back of the Texan.

Now, Oklahoma was supper confused, how the hell did he do that?!

"Ok now I answer your question, yes I have wings but I can regrow them" he said as he tested his flight, he stumbled a little at first but quickly got the hang of it. Oklahoma looked around confused, "regrow them? How does that work?" He asked taking off his hat and setting it down on the car seat.