Street Fight In Erith

Another day another cold hard morning in this bed that isn't even mine.

Liam got up and got dressed in his everyday clothing, which consisted of a thin almost leather-like shirt, a pair of neatly threaded running pants, and the zip-up hoodie that he awoke with one day one that now bared the scars of this world in the form of a broken zipper and burn marks.

"Damn this thing is getting old," Liam said while looking at the reflective window in his room.

"And so am I..." Liam's voice dropped and he looked around starting to feel a little uneasy thinking about how long he'd truly been in this world.

I haven't been keeping track that well, all I can guarantee is that it's been at least half a year. I've watched the seasons change twice which makes two of four seasons, which means half of a year.

He shook his head and grabbed his leather satchel before fastening it around himself and walking towards to door. He turned to the torch that lit up the room and blew it out causing the room to go dark and silent.

Liam closed the door and locked it before slowly wandering down the hallway of the inn and eventually outside, but right before he left the door the lady who worked there began to speak.

"How has the hotel been treating you?" She spoke with a cat-like tail swaying behind her.

Most of the people in this area are called Beast People more commonly known as hybrids, when I first arrived I was scared of them as I had never seen a person with ears and a tail but after a while of interacting with some of the people that live here and reading some history books about Beastland I can say that there is nothing to be scared of, for the most part.

"It's fine I guess," Liam said with almost a cold tone.

"Is there anything we could improve upon?" She said while her cat ears dropped down slightly.

"No, it's not anything that you can fix, I'm just not used to being here," Liam said ending the conversation by walking out into the city streets.

I feel like a jerk for saying it like that...

Liam kept his head down at walleye through the streets of Erith City. Erith City is the beast land trade capital, hundreds if not thousands of vendors lined the streets of both sides and caused the streets to be filled with thousands of people who were all too fascinated by the goods and services to care about their surroundings.

He maneuvered through the crowd trying to find a vendor that sold food but wasn't completely crowded with an hour-long line.

After walking for a little while he found a vendor with no one surrounding it, the vendor was a pastry vendor run by a short elf girl.

She didn't say anything she just smiled and waved a Liam which made him remember Lilly once again.

"I would like one rice dough biscuit," Liam said while looking at the menu board that was placed in front of the pastry stand.

"I assume you've had one before?" The elf girl asked as she took a nice hot biscuit off of a coal heater and wrapped it into a flower pattern cloth.

Liam nodded while setting down three silver coins in exchange for the biscuit, and beginning to walk away.

"I hope you have a great day mister!" She yelled out to him as he walked away.

"You too, thank you for the biscuit." Liam turned around and spoke back to her.

Oh how I missed rice dough biscuits, they are an elven delicacy which is a simple biscuit filled with rice pudding and dipped in a mixed berry frosting.