25. Secrets In The Shadows

I went to sleep with papers everywhere on my bed. I'm laying in the bed right now eating my 5th pack of twislers today. Elisa took my phone from me and she keeps it and only gives it to me when Cardo calls. She said it stresses me out but She has been such a big help and she is so good with Ryder. Her chemotherapy isn't that bad, well that's what she tells me but she can still come home. Eventually they will have to keep her in the hospital for like 5 months but hopefully that won't be for a couple of weeks.

I'm just ready for it to be over. This big ass band on my stomach is so uncomfortable. Enough with the complaining though. Cardo told me that he wouldn't be able to make it until after I have the baby this morning. Honestly I really just wanted Elisa in the room with me anyway. I also hired my maid/cook. Her name is Ginny Tyler. She only will be here during 7 in the morning till 8 at night. I didn't want her to have stay with me because  she is older in age so she probably has her own family.

She starts tomorrow and she already had a key and a gate pass. Instead of having someone to open it I just made these little cards that you scan on card slot my the gate. I made 30 keys and I have 10 more left. Anyone with a key can get in and I still have the 2 guards at the gate. If no one has one then the intercom will come in and I will either grant them access or deny it. Then my guards will put out there cards and pit in a code. If it is denied then they will have to turn around and leave the territory.

I started watching these videos on birthing classes. I refuse to go to the real thing by myself. Really, without Cardo. I also watched the real birth and it was absolutely disgusting. I will not be going through this again ever. I can't believe he's bailing out on me at the last minute. I bought a bunch of books on parenting and birthing. 'Giving Birth to your First.' is my favorite one so far. 'What to expect when you're expecting.' is a good one too. They are very insightful plus they also give real points of views from mothers and doctors.

My door opens and Nala walks in quietly. She came to my side of the bed and I helped her get in the bed with me. I smiled at her and she snuggles up to me. This bed is a lot taller than my other ones so I think I will get a step ladder. Just when we got comfortable my bladder decided to act up. I gently moved Nala and go to use the bathroom.

I come back to the room to see Nala with the remote flipping through the channels like she knows what she's doing. I laugh and turn it to a documentary on the solar system. She lays on me again as I run my hand over her soft curls. My door opens again and Elisa walks in with Ryder on her hip. They climb in at the foot of the bed and Elisa looks exhausted. "You want to lay in the lounge chair Lizzy?" I ask her. She nods her head slowly and gets up. Ryder climbs up further with us and lays on the other side of Nala. After the first documentary goes off my door opens again. Elisa looks at it and smiles. I wait for whoever it is to say something. They have on a black hoodie and I can't see their face because the light are off. They flip the lights on and take off their hood.

I covered my mouth as I saw his face. Tears came to my eyes and he just smirked. "Daddy!" Nala screeches while climbing out of the bed to jump in his arms. I look at Elisa and her eyes are closed. She opens her eyes a little and looks shocked. We burst into laughter as I shake my head. I remember that I have all these files laying on my dresser so I put them in a drawer and lock it before turning to him. He was right behind me and looking straight at the key in my hand.

I smile at him and he envelopes me in his arms.

"I thought you couldn't make it." I tell him.

"Ain't no such thing as can't baby, not for you it ain't." he kisses my neck. "You can still..." He trails off while rubbing my back in a way where I know what he means.

"I never asked her but I heard it will help if I can't go into labor." I shrug.

"Ou lets just hope I can help you out." he whispers while biting my ear. I bust out laughing as he breaths on my neck. Pulling away from him I waddle back over to the bed and climb in pulling the covers over me, Nala, and Ryder. They are knocked out and I think I'm going to take a nap too. "I know damn well you ain't going to sleep." Cardo laughs. I give him the finger and turn on my side comfortably and close my eyes.