Chapter 26

Y/n POV:
"Can I have everyone's attention?" I hear a voice call out from the main entrance.

Me and Chuuya head out of the bar, drinks still in hand, and make our way to the entrance where all the other guests are gathering.

"Now that everyone is here, I would like for you all to make your way to the main dining room. You may sit wherever you like," a man says from the top of the spiral staircase, walking down after he finished talking.

'That must be Endo Shusaku.'

"Shall we?" I ask Chuuya, holding out my hand for him to grab.

Chuuya doesn't say anything, only nodding and grabbing my hand as we walk over to the dining room. I was bewildered by the amount of space the room took up, with some sections being empty.

'Again, another waste of space.'

There was an area reserved for Mr. Endo and his inner circle so we decided to sit relatively close, not too much though.

"I'm kinda surprised there's no assigned seats with this amount of people," I say, wondering why he would arrange his seating like this, since there's the possibility that some people might have to sit near people they don't know.

"Well, unless it's by last name, it's hard to make accommodations for everyone, especially with this many people," Chuuya explains.

"I guess that makes sense," I say, dropping the topic.

As I'm looking around, I notice that the group of women from earlier are walking over to our table, now with more of them.

'Seriously?! You have some nerve coming back here!'

The main woman takes a seat on the other side of Chuuya, making me grip my dress in frustration.

"Do you mind if we sit here? There was nowhere else for us to go," the woman smugly says, knowing that I can't refuse her with all these people around.

'You lying bitch! There are SEVERAL empty tables!'

"Of course. I'm going to go get something to eat," I say with a fake smile. I turn over to Chuuya and say, "Let's go."

"Let him stay here. You can get his food for him. There's something I'd like to discuss with him," she says, wrapping her arms around his arm.

'When we're done with this, I'm coming back to kill you.'

"I'd prefer for him to come with me so he can pick out his own food himself. So I kindly ask you to let go of my husband, please," I say, grabbing onto his other arm and pulling him away from her grip.

"Aw, sweetie. Jealousy is not a good look for you. We were just having fun. No need to be so uptight," she says with an innocent smile.

I don't respond and simply walk over to the buffet line to get our food. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down before grabbing a plate for me and Chuuya.

"Before you ask, I'm fine," I say before giving Chuuya the chance to say something, placing the food on my plate.

"You are far from fine. We can always just move to a different table," Chuuya suggests, doing the same as me.

"Unfortunately, all of the tables have been filled now. How? I don't know, but they have," I explain to him, clear irritation present in the tone of my voice.

"Hey," Chuuya says, grabbing my wrist. "I'm here for you, remember? I know that you're upset, and I want to help you but I can't help if you won't let me."