✧The Reports✧

~~December 3rd 20xx~~

"This is Channel 10 news in Portlow Creek, we have a special report here. The xxx Department of Health has reported a high influx of what appears to be a flu-like illness within Spelter County, although the exact type of pathogen is yet to be determined. So far, there are at least a hundred and twenty confirmed instances of it and patient zero has not been identified. Its primary method of transmission is unknown."

"Symptoms of this illness include: coughing fits, high fever, sweating, an unusual sensitivity to light, and in some cases, severe headaches. Several school districts have announced a temporary closure to prevent students from contracting the illness. Again, both the index patient and the source of the epidemic are-" The anchor was cut off.

~~December 10th 20xx~~

"This is MSNBC with breaking news out of
Portlow Creek-- xxx state health officials have noted that within the past few days, a flu-like illness has been spreading unusually fast in several different areas. Spelter County has placed restrictions and health guidelines for the next week or two to try and prevent the pathogens from spreading farther." The anchor reported.

"Health experts have sounded the alarm, noting that this has pandemic potential. If the spread is not mitigated then it could possibly start popping up in other states, and eventually other countries. Officials estimate that around three thousand people have contracted this illness, a dramatic increase from two days ago, when that number was only around 100."

"A small number of deaths have also been reported. The xxx Department of Health and the CDC are both trying to collect samples of the pathogen to try and identify it."

~~December 31st 20xx~~

"Hello, and thank you for tuning in to Channel 10
News in Portlow Creek. Conspiracy theories surrounding the new virus have started to circulate online, especially after several people were reported missing." The anchor began to speak.

"Due to the report saying that they were acting strange, some have theorized that these persons were affected with the virus. These theories are popular on social media platforms such as Mebook or Twinker."

"This has led people to question whether or not the government is telling the full truth, or if this virus is really what it seems. However, these theories are unlikely to be true, because there is no other evidence besides the missing persons that can back the claims up. Nevertheless, this virus is still very dangerous and it's spreading at an alarming rate. More school districts continue to follow the trend of closing until this epidemic subsides." The anchor informed.

"Officials are strongly advising residents to avoid going to large public gathering spaces, and to wash hands thoroughly each time after going outside. Much about this pathogen, including the first patient and the outbreak's source, are still unknown at this time, however that is being investigated."

"At this time, officials hypothesize that this virus was brought into Portlow from the influx of Christmas travel across the United States this past few weeks. Conspiracy theorists claim that the virus was accidentally released from a lab." The anchor finished.

~~January 10th 20xx~~

"We have some exclusive information about the military blockade around Portlow Creek established last night. Nobody can enter or leave the city, and anybody attempting to do so will be arrested or met with lethal force."