✦We Finally Meet✦

Curfew is now in place, please return to your assigned rooms within thirty minutes. Those found out past this time without permission will be punished. Remember, cooks must rise at six-thirty, breakfast will be served at eight, tardiness won't be tolerated without a just cause.

The announcement over the intercom jolted the group out of their pre-bedtime routines, prompting them to exchange surprised glances as they processed the information.

"Fuck man," Jordan grumbled, that was much too loud for his ears.

"Looks like they're serious about getting us up early as fuck," Melissa sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly at the prospect of an early wake-up call.

"J here, put these on before you go to sleep," Kamari handed him a headset "I didn't finish it yet but it should help a little, I heard the alarm they use is loud,"

Jordan took the headset seeing she had begun to modify them so that they blocked out most sound, "You making these for me?"

"Yeah, you said your ears are still sensitive right? They'll block out some sound, it should help until you get used to your hearing and figure out how to control it,"

"Awww," He hugged her "I knew you cared about me, you so sweet,"

Kamari scrunched her face up, "Boy if you don't get off me,"

"Mean ass,"

"Thank you,"

As they settled into the night clothes they were provided, the room filled with easy chatter, their voices blending together in a comforting cacophony of sound.

"These soft as hell," Darius remarked, his tone filled with pleasant surprise as he adjusted the fabric of his shirt.

Dante pulled on his sweats, "For real, my dick all free and shit,"

Lyric, her hair tied up in a loose bun, mugged him as she slipped into her nightshirt. "Yo nasty ass, don't nobody wanna hear bout yo dick,"

Kamari just took off everything but her tank top and underwear, "I'm hot as hell, they got a fan in here?"

"Nah," Darius looked around.

"Hot? It's definitely a lil cool in here,"

"Guess it's just me," Kamari stretched.

Haven groaned as she plopped down on her bed, "Nah I can't, we need to rob a mall or something, we look like we in a cult, and this our uniform," She leaned back against the pillows.

Melissa snorted, "These do look like those outfits the cult put you in when they baptize you,"

"What the hell you know bout cults?" Jordan raised a brow.

"My cousin joined one by accident in college and we had to help her get out," Melissa shrugged.

"Girl what the fuck,"

"How you join a cult by accident?" Darius laughed.

"She a lil touched, she thought she was getting recruited to a sorority," Melissa laughed.

"You know what, goodnight,"

They laughed at that and continued to change and get ready for bed as some people yawned. As they began to wind down for the night, Sha'vante reached over to switch off the lights, casting the room into a gentle darkness. The soft glow of the moonlight filtering in through the window provided a soothing ambiance as the group prepared to settle in for the night.

Kamari, Lyric, and Kai stood there as they contemplated the logistics of fitting all three of them into a single cot. With a shared chuckle, they began to rearrange the bedding, shifting pillows and blankets to accommodate their sleeping arrangement.