✦Compersion✦

As the group sat around, finally relaxing after so long, a knock on the door caught their attention. Dante opened the door to reveal that it was the guide and let him inside the room. As the guide entered, he began with an introduction, realizing that he had neglected to do so earlier.

"Sorry about that, I got a bit sidetracked last time," he said apologetically.

"I'm Jake, and I'm the representative for this floor. If you have any questions or concerns during your stay here, I'm the one you talk to so don't hesitate to come to me,"

"We'll be sure to keep that in mind," Melissa smiled.

Jake proceeded to outline the rules regarding curfew, emphasizing that leaving their floor after curfew was strictly prohibited unless they had explicit permission to do so. Apparently, cooks are expected to get up at six thirty in the morning and report to the kitchen for work. Everyone else starts their day at eight in the morning, beginning preparations for whatever job they have.

"In addition to curfew regulations, here's a general outline of what your schedule might look like," Jake continued "You'll likely have work or classes during the day, with designated meal times and recreational periods in between,"

He explained the importance of punctuality and participation in their assigned activities, stressing that their cooperation was essential for the smooth functioning of the facility. Those who don't work when they are able to cannot stay here, they don't have the resources to waste on lazy people.

"Remember, your safety and well-being are our top priorities," Jake concluded "If you have any questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of the facility staff."

With the guidelines for curfew and their potential schedule outlined, the group nodded in understanding of the regulations of their new environment. Though the prospect of a structured routine was annoying, they knew that it was necessary at the moment.

"Can you tell us what classes we might end up taking?" Lyric asked.

"Well it depends on what lessons are required for you and available at the time," he explained.

"But some common classes include identifying edible plants for survival, basic engineering principles, learning basic first aid skills, and combat training for self-defense,"

He elaborated on the importance of each class, "Every class is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out your job efficiently," Jake continued.

"It's important to approach each class with focus and seriousness, as the skills you learn could be vital to your survival,"

With a better understanding of what to expect in terms of their schedule and classes, the group could now formulate strategies.

"How were you all able to put this together and adapt so quickly? Everything happened so fast so it's surprising to see everything so organized," Kamari asked, imitating a professional tone.

The group exchanged sneaky glances, paying close attention to how the man answered the question.

"It does seem a bit too convenient, doesn't it?" Darius added, his voice tinged with skepticism "It's almost as if you all were prepared for this situation,"

The possibility of government involvement in the outbreak left a chill running throughout the room. The others were in sync with their thought process and joined in faster than Jake could interject.

"You think they knew?" Melissa looked shooken.

"If they knew about the mutation beforehand, wouldn't they have done more to prevent it?" Jordan questioned, his brow furrowed in thought.