Chapter 2: The Vows

I look at him, Peeta, with all of that tender love in his eyes and know that this is where I belong. He holds his hand out to me and says, "I love you with my whole heart, with a passion that can not be expressed through words, only in kisses, glances and adventures by your side."

I haven't prepared as big a speech as him, so I look him dead in the eye and whisper,"I do Peeta. I really do." And a smile bursts across his face, like a firework.

He picks me up in those big, strong arms of his and spins me around and around. I am smiling so hard that I am afraid my mouth will go numb.

After the vows is cake. I have no idea what it looks like, as Peeta made it and refused to show me. As we enter the room, my heart starts to race. I know that it will be beautiful and that I have no need to worry. Yet here I am.

The door swings open to reveal a three- tier, white cake covered with lilac Primroses and splatters of gold. "Peeta!" I cry. "This is... This is...."You don't like it, do you?" He asks, his face dripping with hurt. "Oh, Peeta, there are no words to describe how perfect this is." A smile cracks through, like gold under stone. I pick up the knife and tenderly hand it to him. "You first."