ᴀᴄᴛ 1 - ʟɪʏᴜᴇ ᴀʀᴄ 2

Chapter Four

Y/N wakes up to the sound of Wangshu Inn's many customers and the bustle that comes with them. Stretching their arms and sitting up, they yawn as they open their eyes, the bright light of the sun blinding them through the thin curtains.

"Ughh.." They groan, falling back down onto the bed, just wanting to lay there forever. They really don't want to have to deal with the trouble that this world brings. Unfortunately, their moment of peace is ruined by a quiet knock on the door.

"My liege?" A monotone voice says, "May I come in?"

Turning over on their side they groan and say yes in an over-exaggerated voice. As Xiao enters, he observes them sprawled out on the bed, with their hair messy and a look on their face, halfheartedly glaring at him. Slowly they sit up, rubbing their eyes before turning to face him.

"Yes?" They grumble.

"I'm sorry, my liege, I just wanted to tell you that food is served at 9. After that, you will have the opportunity to bathe in one of the inn's private rooms. Unfortunately, the water will be cold." He looks away and grumbles slightly at the last part, mumbling that it is disrespectful that they couldn't even save hot water for their creator.

At his words, they perk up slightly. It's been a while since they've gotten the chance to take a real shower. Even if the water is cold, at least they get to be clean. Before they get to speak, he starts again.

"It hurts me to admit this... but it's probably best if you leave soon. Rex Lapis is visiting the inn soon and he..." Xiao's face darkens slightly as he speaks, "he is not too fond of you. Once he learned that you existed, he convinced the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing to order the Millelith to attack you. He also ordered me and the rest of the Adepti to attack you if we came across you."

Y/N frowns slightly as he speaks, looking at him suspiciously, knowing that usually he would follow Zhongli's orders without any questions about iy.

"And you will go against his orders?"

He looks slightly surprised when they say this, confused as to why he would ever hurt his dear creator.

"My liege, I swear that I will never injure you in any way." As he speaks, he kneels down on one knee. When he does this Y/N pauses before laughing quietly, a small smile forming on their face. At this noise, he looks up at them as they beckon for him to stand up.

"I... appreciate that, Xiao. But you don't have to call me that, you know? It's kind of awkward, so just call me Y/N." They smile slightly as they stand up, holding their face in their hands as they rub the sleep out of their eyes. When they look up again they notice Xiao staring at them, still on his knee.

"Xiao?" He blinks suddenly and turns his head away slightly, a very light blush fades onto his face. Y/N lets out a quick laugh at seeing a character renowned for being emo actually blushing, even if it's only slightly.

He clears his throat silently and turns back towards them, standing up once again.

"After you are done eating and bathing I will give you a disguise so those put to harm will not recognize you. However, it is best if you try to keep your distance from people. Everyone knows what your appearance looks like, and no one will take very kindly to seeing you out in public, as you have seen."

Y/N raises an eyebrow at the fact that everyone knows what they look like, but at this point, should they really be surprised? They nod and grab the brush from the vanity. Taking this as a cue to leave, Xiao exits the room quickly.

━━

A couple hours later

━━

A small smile appears on Y/N's face as they enter their temporary room. A nice, yet simple outfit is laid out on their bed, with a bag with a few thousand mora,  a bottle of water, and a bag of fruits on top. They appreciate Xiao's kind gesture, and happy that he's not like Mona, and they don't notice the gaze that lingers in their direction.

They quickly get dressed and clean up themself. They leave after sparing a quick look around the room, just making sure the room is clean enough for whoever is staying there next. Slowly, they close the door, breathing out as they know that the rest of their journey will not be as easy.

Going out on the bodega they look around for Xiao. Suddenly they hear a noise behind them. Xiao. They turn around and smile at him, hugging him quickly. They thank him for his help and he just nods, a ghost of a smile apparent on his face.

Waving at him, they walk down the stairs, focused on not tripping over their own feet. Once they finally reach the ground, they look back at the inn. Sighing, they nod and turn around, trying to remember the layout of the Genshin Impact map.

Eventually, they decide that the path they are planning on taking is the right one to go to the Liyue Harbor. They trudge through the path, observing the beautiful scenery around them. They breathe in and reminisce about their family and friends, remembering the good and bad of their home.

They remember the rage of dying again and again against the golden wolf lord. They remember playing the game that they are stuck in with their best friend, laughing at the stupidity of some of the lines. They think about all the happy memories this game gave them and all of the new ones they are about to make.

Of course, there were a few other things that stood out. Like how they would get 10 free intertwined fates every week, or how bosses sometimes would die as soon as they entered the battle. They always assumed it was just something that was a part of the game, or something that would happen to other players, but with a quick Google search, they guessed the former.

Looking back, they were surprised they didn't see anything out of the blue, there were so many signs that were staring them right in the face. So many times that it would seem like the characters were looking right at them, or when they got dialogue no one else had.

They shrug as they keep walking, their thoughts changing to what's ahead, and what they will do. They stay completely ignorant of the pair of eyes still watching them from afar.

A/N: Yippee! It didn't take me a month to write a new chapter! Also I was sick for a week so that's why it took so long. Hopefully more chapters will come out at this pace more often. I really hope you enjoyed it!  Please remember to vote and comment, I love reading them and they give me a lot more motivation to write!

C-W/N: Wassup my homies! I feel like I apologize for this like every chapter but sorry for being so busy!! My week was so hectic and the author and I both were dying to a disease /hj. Also I feel like when you become a fanfic writer the weirdest things start happening to you- I literally kinda got stalked (??????) but anyway please enjoy!! Also 早上好中国现在我有冰淇淋我很喜欢冰淇淋

Word Count: 1266