03 | PHOENIX

I walked out of the airport with my luggage in my hands. I got a taxi to my hotel.

After checking into my hotel, I entered the place and put my stuff away.

There was then a knock on my door.

"It's me, Izzy" I hear my mother's voice as she opens the door.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Wanted to be part of the fun" She smirks. "And maybe haunt their dreams" she mutters the last part.

I snicker at her before looking over at the digital clock to check the time.

"Well, we'll have to go tomorrow, it's a bit too late right now" I state.

"Hm, okay" she shrugs.

○○○

Rise and shine, it's the next day and we were going to go visit the jail party. This'll be great.

I walk outside to the car I got hired and enter it

I walk outside to the car I got hired and enter it. Mom soon enters through the passenger seat.

"You know how dangerous it is to show yourself in Phoenix? Where literally everyone knows you?" I remind her.

"Which is why.." she then masks herself. "I'll be going spiritually"

I shrug before starting the car and driving to the police station.

We park before exiting the car, the sun that hit my skin made me squint my eyes, maybe I should've brought sunglasses.

We enter the station and walk in.

"Iris!" Chief Andrew's voice booms. "You've come to visit them today right?" He asks and I nod.

"Alright, come with me"

Walking past, I notice detective Bennett. She smirks and winks and I roll my eyes with a smile, continuing to walk.

"you just all had to come, didn't you?" I whisper over to mom and she hums a yes.

○○○

I was now sitting in the little booth, waiting for Nicholas Lockwood to arrive.

I hear footsteps coming, and I'm so ready for this. He takes a seat with a heavy grumble.