1. Way too close to home

Hey guys, I hope you like this story. It's my first on WattPad and I am trying to strive for a kind of orginal uptake on the usual cliche story types. Please don't hesitate to tell me if you like it. Vote, Comment and Fan XxX

One

Way too close to home

My heart stuttered.

Shoes smacked hard against the pavement, the sound of wet converses filling my ears, my heart joining its ryhthm. Loud and thumping. Run… keep on running. Escape all the laughter and the hurtful words and god- the feeling. Running, it was the only time my head was blissing clear.

I used my pass key to get through the gates and into the forest where I kept on going. Not caring that I was getting soaked to the bone, my black jumper glued to my knees and chest and my skinning jeans beginning to feel like second skin. I didn’t stop until I reached the huge Victorian mansion: my home.

The lights were on.

i stopped and stared, told myself to move… but I couldn’t. I can’t go in there; I thought shaking, mouth dry. Tugging, my leather jacket closer I stepped backwards and made my decision to go somewhere else. Anywhere else. I almost turned away completely before I noticed the other home- our identical twin, our neighbours. Nell would be home, she wouldn’t mind letting me stay for a few minutes. I swallowed, just until I’m ready to sneak back home.

I meant to walk but instead found myself running again, the rain coming down now in full force. I passed the front door and circled round the side, where there was another door. This would be safer, much safer, where no one could see me at all.

I saw the pale blue door and my heart began to thud painfully against my chest. Running up to it, I found myself giving three brisk knocks on the hard wood before I even planted my feet. My finger nails dug into the edges of my sleeves, plucking nervously at loose strings as I waited and waited. My feet itched to move again and I closed my eyes just as the thoughts began to cloud my mind.

Lesbian.

Loner.

Loser.

The door flew open and I opened my eyes and looked into the bluest eyes I had ever seen before. This isn’t Nell. If I wasn’t so numb I would have laughed at my own stupid thoughts as I faced her much taller older brother.

“Michelle, what are you doing here?” He asked, his face scrunched in confusion and shock. Instead of answering I looked at the room behind him because it was a room. I could see the bed from where I stood but that wasn’t what held my attention, it was the pretty brunette sitting there doing up her blouse buttons. It was only then did it click that this wasn’t a back door leading to the house but a back door leading to Lucas McFadden’s room.

“Oh god,” I stuttered, “I just thought, I’ll just-“

But as I began to spin away, far away, he captured my arm and tugged me back. I stumbled slightly and we ended up standing really close. Close enough that I could smell him. Clean some kind of soap and something else. My heart jumped in my throat, my pulse scrambled and heat scorched me, starting from where he was touching me.

I’ve never stood this near to him, been this close to him in all of the 11 years I’ve known him. I tried to swallow as his eyes searched mine for something- what I didn’t know. Sensations invaded my body, weird sensations that had me trembling. It’s the rain, must be some kind of reaction.